Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ALII GoldBlawgsearch
- Criminal Law
- DUI & DWI
- White Collar Crime
- Free Consultation
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
- United States District Court
- English: Spoken, Written
- Founding Attorney
- Urbelis Law, LLC
- Suffolk University Law School
- University of Connecticut
- B.S. / Business Administration, Business Management & Entrepreneurship
- Activities: Entrepreneur's Society, UCTV Student Television
- Top 100 Trial Lawyers Award
- The National Trial Lawyers Organization
- Alumni Board of Advisors and the mock trial coach
- Central Catholic High School
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Massachusetts Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- American Bar Association's Moot Court competition
- - Current
Websites & Blogs
- Benjamin P. Urbelis' Massachusetts Website Profile
- Urbelis Law's Massachusetts Website
- Benjamin P. Urbelis' Boston Website Profile
- Urbelis Law's Boston Website
- Massachusetts DUI Lawyers Blog
- Stun Guns Will Have the Same Second Amendment Protections as Firearms in Massachusetts
31 March 2016
- New Massachusetts “Designer” Drug Law Could Create Confusion
14 August 2015
- 2015 Case Results at Urbelis Law
10 July 2015
- Massachusetts Judge Changes Mind on Evidence in Aaron Hernandez’s Criminal Trial
23 February 2015
- Aaron Hernandez Trial, Part 2: Prosecution begins its Case
2 February 2015
- Criminal Defense Attorney Arrested For Defending Her Client’s Constitutional Rights
30 January 2015
- Aaron Hernandez Trial, Part I: The Opening Statements
30 January 2015
- Proof Beyond a Reasonable Doubt: Mandatory Jury Instruction In All Massachusetts Criminal Trials
28 January 2015
- Former Middlesex County, Massachusetts Prosecutor Charged After Supplying Confidential Information To His Drug Dealer
12 January 2015
5 Questions Answered
- Q. How can there be an arraignment held for criminal charges when the person in question has not been arrested or charged
- A: You do not need to be arrested to be arraigned on criminal charges- you may be summonsed to court for certain charges. You aren't actually officially "charged" until the arraignment, so of course the person can be arraigned without having been charged first.
- Q. My i have my criminal record sealed if i have had a speeding ticket over fifty dollars in massachusetts?
- A: Speeding is not a criminal offense, and would not be part of your criminal offender record information.
- Q. What does petitioning the court for a writ of habeas corpus (state) mean?
- A: Asking the court to order the entity holding someone (usually, the jail) to bring the person before the court.
- Q. Can I pay my monthly probation fee all at once?
- A: Yes. However, you will probably still be required to either report in person, or report by mail to your probation officer once a month.
- Q. Is there a fee for monthly probation and required urineary drug testing ?Lowell ,MA
- A: It depends on the terms of your probation contract.
Contact & Map