Free Consultation: (312) 357-1515Tap to Call This Lawyer
Edward X. Clinton, Jr

Edward X. Clinton, Jr

The Clinton Law Firm
  • Business Law, Insurance Claims, Legal Malpractice
  • Illinois
Rate This Lawyer
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ALII GoldBlawgsearchSocial Media
Practice Areas
  • Business Law
  • Insurance Claims
  • Legal Malpractice
  • Free Consultation
  • Contingent Fees
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
7th Circuit
U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois, Trial Bar
U.S. Supreme Court
United States District Court for the Central District of Illinois
  • English: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Harvard Law School
J.D. | Law
Honors: cum laude
Chicago-Kent College of Law, Illinois Institute of Technology
Activities: Tax, With High Honors
University of Chicago
Activities: With Honors, Phi Beta Kappa.
Professional Associations
Chicago Bar Association
Economic Club of Chicago
Seventh Circuit Bar Association
American Bar Association
Litigation Section
Trial Practice Committee
Pretrial Practice Committee
Discovery Committee
Articles & Publications
Does Rule 41(d) Authorize An Award Of Attorney's Fees?
St. John's Law Review
Federal Regulation of Securities
IICLE, Illinois Business Law Series: Vol. III: Miscellaneous Operating Issues, 2008 Supplement
State Regulation of Securities
IICLE, Illinois Business Law Series: Vol. III: Miscellaneous Operating Issues, 2008 Supplement
Legal Answers
15 Questions Answered

Q. I had a mild heart attack brought on by a proposed eviction supported the succession attorney hired by sister. recourse?
A: I am sorry you had a heart attack, but the heart attack was not caused by the eviction or the attorney so, no, you can't sue them.
Q. Can I sue lawyer for not doing there job? For causing emotional distress?and messing up case?
A: You can only sue a lawyer for economic damages, meaning the money you lost due to the representation. Did you sign the release? if you did, you may be able to receive a settlement check. The settlement must be agreed to by you as well. If the lawyer did not have your authority to settle, find a new lawyer to handle the case if possible. However, if you are simply backing out of the deal that you made, you should reconsider and take the money.
Q. After estate has been filed in probate court Can a probate lawyer withhold the clients deed due to non payment?
A: Your question is unclear. If the lawyer is refusing to prepare the deeds to deed property to you, then yes the lawyer can do that because he had not been paid. If the deed already exists somewhere, I'm not sure the lawyer can effectively deny it to you. He or she can assert a possessory lien on the deed, but it may or may not be effective. I recommend that you contact the lawyer and ask for an explanation in writing. Perhaps then pay the bill or engage new counsel to complete the work of the Estate.
Q. I live in California. We have a questions about a legal malpractice claim against two attorneys.
A: You must sue both attorneys in one complaint. I'm not a California lawyer as I practice in Illinois, but I am confident that you should sue both attorneys if you believe they committed malpractice. If you sue them separately, each will blame the "empty chair" for the bad result.
Q. Is DRIVERS2U a registered trademark as DRIVERS2U is the name of my UK registered company
A: You need to hire a lawyer to do a trademark search. Just because its the name of a company does not give it any trademark protection in the United States. Having the name may give you the right to use the name, but you need to do a trademark search first. Hire an experienced intellectual property lawyer.
Q. In the of Illinois. Do I have to return a Promise Ring to an boyfriend?
A: No the ring was a gift voluntarily given to you. It's yours.
Q. My husband owns the car . I was driving it and had a car accident. The insurance has both names on it...who will be sued
A: Both you and your husband will be sued as you were the driver and possible tortfeasor and because he was an owner and may have insurance. You should hire an experienced lawyer to represent you.
Q. Does this artist management clause allow a manager to collect post-term from platforms like Tunecore or Distrokid?
A: Yes, the agreement requires the artist to pay commissions on contracts entered into during the term of the agreement. So if an artist enters into an agreement with medis company X during the term of the agreement, the manager would seek to collect a percentage of that income. This clause strikes me as poorly drafted and I recommend that you engage legal counsel to review it.
Q. Can a person be denied for residency in Illinois because of a conviction in 2009 for theft.?
A: No. The law does not allow the State to deny you residency. Landlord has the right to deny you a place to rent, however.
Click here to see all answers
Social Media
Contact & Map
111 W Washington St, #1437
Chicago, IL 60602
Telephone: (312) 357-1515