Dennis Chen is a Central Florida attorney practicing in the areas of Personal Injury, Bankruptcy, Real Estate Litigation, Landlord-Tenant Law, Foreclosure Defense, General Civil Litigation and Lemon Law Claims.
He was born in Jamaica and lived there until he completed high school. He migrated to Florida and attended Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University. He then joined the US Army and was stationed in Bamberg, Germany. He returned to the US and attended the University of Florida where he earned a Bachelor of Science in Mathematics and later a law degree, Juris Doctor.
Dennis worked for State Farm as an insurance adjuster and after law school worked for a small workers compensation firm representing injury victims. He then spent a year with an insurance company, The Hartford, representing their business policy holders in workers compensation claims throughout the Central Florida area.
In 2001 Dennis created his own law firm where he represents injury victims in personal injury claims. He also practices in the areas of bankruptcy, real estate law, foreclosure defense, general civil litigation (general law suits), landlord-tenant law, lemon law claims, and other areas. In landlord-tenant law he has experience representing both landlords and tenants in commercial and residential matters.
- Business Law
- Consumer Law
- Personal Injury
- Real Estate Law
- Car Accidents
- General Civil
- Lemon Law
- Small Claims
- Free Consultation
Personal Injury consultations are free. Call to determine if your matter qualifies for a free consultation.
- Credit Cards Accepted
Master Card, Visa
- Contingent Fees
- Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
Amount varies depending on area of law.
- Chen Law Firm PA
- - Current
- Central Florida law firm serving injury victims and consumers in the areas of Bankruptcy, Civil Litigation, Collection Defense, Personal Injury, Probate, Real Estate Law (including Foreclosure Defense and Landlord-Tenant Law), Wills
- Sr. Staff Attorney
- Hartford Financial Services Group
- Staff attorney for Hartford Insurance, representing the insurance company and their policy holders in workers' compensation litigation claims throughout Central Florida.
- Associate Attorney
- Morgan & Van Dingenen, PA
- Associate attorney representing injury victims in workers' compensation and automobile accident claims.
- University of Florida
- J.D. | Law
- University of Florida
- B.S. | Mathematics
- Q. Am i still responsible and out any way i can get out of car? Or is it now chrysler to fix
- A: My guess is that your rights are governed by the warranty. You may also have a claim against the company that replaced the engine. The engine may have been replaced with a used engine that failed or there may have been negligence in the repair process.
- Q. Sue for truck repair?
- A: Have an attorney review the documents for you but most likely the statute of limitations prevents you from taking action now. It has been over five years sine the repairs were made.
- Q. My child was injured on his walk home from elementary school. He was technically on someone's lawn.
- A: Possibly. You should consult an attorney immediately. Many of us provide free consultations for injury claims.
- Q. How much compensation will I get
- A: Consult an attorney for a free consultation. Be prepared to present the proof to the attorney.
- Q. I live in a rental property in St Pete FL. Recently my roomate, who is on the signed lease, decdided to leave
- A: Without reading your lease I assume that the roommate remains responsible for their portion of the rent. You are most likely fully responsible for the entire rent each month and the landlord does not have to go after the roommate for half of the rent. You can sue your former roommate for their share of the rent.
- Q. Does the landlord have a right to evict you for having an overnight guest?
- A: It depends on your lease terms. Does the lease prohibit overnight guests?
- Q. Can Florida Statute 163.04 this statue be sent to mediation in small claims court in Florida?
- A: Contact an attorney that has experience with HOA matters. You may get one that is willing to take the case on a contingency basis because of the attorney fee provision in Fla. Stat 163.04
- Q. Can I hold off paying rent due to breach of contract from the landlord?
- A: You should contact a personal injury attorney as soon as possible. Choose a personal injury lawyer that has experience with landlord tenant matters. I handle both personal injury and landlord-tenant cases. I provide a free consultation to answer your questions regarding this type of problem.
- Q. Can a master tenant who subletted their room still live in the house?
- A: The rights of the master tenant and subleasing tenant are governed by the lease between the parties. The lease should specify the area that you leased and how much control you have. Does the lease state that you will have exclusive use of the premises? It all comes down to the lease terms.