Free Consultation: (984) 244-1145Tap to Call This Lawyer
Denise Anderson

Denise Anderson

  • Immigration Law, Nursing Home Abuse, Medical Malpractice...
  • North Carolina
Rate This Lawyer
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&AResponsive Law

Attorney Anderson is a passionate, knowledgeable, and dedicated attorney who stands with her clients every step of the way. After spending over a decade in the health care industry, that experience coupled with her experience as an attorney has positioned her to deliver unparalleled service to her clients. Her experience allows her to seamlessly analyze medical records and apply the law to determine the validity of medical malpractice cases, nursing home abuse cases, and personal injury cases.

Attorney Anderson also focuses on Immigration cases. Immigration law is not just a professional choice; it is a calling. As an immigrant, she knows first hand the difficulties individuals often face when they try to navigate the immigration system. She is here to guide you through that process.

Practice Areas
  • Immigration Law
  • Nursing Home Abuse
  • Medical Malpractice
  • Family Law
  • Free Consultation
    Optional for Medical Malpractice cases, and Personal Injury cases
  • Credit Cards Accepted
  • Contingent Fees
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
North Carolina
North Carolina State Bar
  • English: Spoken, Written
Charlotte School of Law
J.D. (2016)
Honors: Deans List, Pro Bono Honors
University of Massachusetts - Boston
B.S. (2010) | Nursing
Honors: Magna Cum Laude
Professional Associations
State Bar of North Carolina
Legal Answers
7 Questions Answered

Q. cost/time of getting my Dominican Republic girlfriend here I Virginia?
A: There are different Immigration rules that would be applicable to your girlfriend coming to the United States. Absent knowing more information regarding you and your girlfriend I can't provide any specific guidance. Information such as: are you a U.S Citizen or a green card holder, what is your current immigration status? The same question is important to determine if her sister's can be an advantage to the situation. As mentioned above there are available options. The options are dependent on obtaining more information from you to determine the best outcome for your case. Immigration attorneys are willing to help you navigate that process.
Q. How do I get I divorce from my husband who is refusing to sign divorce papers?
A: The divorce process can be completed without your husband signing the papers. That can be accomplished by showing the court that your husband was served with notice of the divorce. Should your husband fail to respond to the notice, there is a designated timeline that must be followed in North Carolina before the court approve the divorce. North Carolina requires an individual filing for divorce to meet certain criteria, based on the provided information you have met those criteria. Based on the facts you provided there are no property or children involved in the divorce, therefore the process should not be difficult. This type of divorce does not normally cost a lot money. Should your husband decide to challenge the divorce and show up in court then the process could be a lengthy one that would require more detailed explanation than the one I outlined above. You are not limited to Wake county attorneys when filing for the above divorce. I recommend you compare the prices for attorneys and choose the one that best fit your need. The advice given above is limited only to the information you provided.
Q. I been Madrid 8 months now nd I don't get it
A: In an effort to provide you with an informed answer I request you complete your question above and resubmit.
Q. I cut my fingers badly. I went to local Emergency Room. ER Doctor put 2 stitches in one in Each finger, No x-ray.
A: An emergency room doctor is normally trained to assess the extent of cuts or injuries and determine the correct treatment. A referral to a surgeon is not normally done for every cut and injuries to a finger; a referral is done if warranted based on the extent of the cut. Likewise, X-rays are not normally done for all cuts to fingers; this varies based on the degree of injury to the finger. If anesthetic agents are used to numb a site before suturing, that site will fell numb for a short period. From the information you provide it cannot be determined when the numbness to your fingers started, how long it lasted, and what anesthetic agent was used prior to suturing the finger. These are important factors to know to determine if legal help is warranted. Without knowing the degree of the cut to your fingers, it cannot be determine if the treatment you received was inadequate. Getting legal help and having a successful claim will be dependent on the factors I outlined above in my response.
Q. Should I expect to get reimbursed at least for medical bills at Urgent Care facility for dog bite - $175.00?
A: Yes, you should be able to receive reimbursement for the medical bills you incurred. You can also receive compensation from the dog owner for the injuries you suffered. You need to show that the German Shepherds were pet dogs, and the owner did not confine them. Vicious dogs like German Shepherds should be confined, but the owner did not confine them.
Q. If the ER didn’t inform me of, or treat me for, a medical condition I have do I have legal grounds to sue the hospital?
A: A person can have legal grounds to sue the hospital, but the important factor is whether the lawsuit will be successful. Based on the facts you provided you would likely not be successful against the hospital because the symptoms you outlined do not rise to adequate damages for a successful claim. Inspite of your diagnosis with PCOS you need to be able to show you suffered damages, as a result of delayed diagnosis and treatment. There was no ruptured cyst, no internal bleeding......there is no reflection of such damages in the information you provided. For the above reasons you would not have a successful claim against the hospital.
Q. Will my crime record affect getting a green card?
A: Shoplifting is often termed as a petty offense. The fact that you committed a petty crime does not bar you from obtaining a green card; you may still be admissible to the United States. The decisive factor is whether you have committed shoplifting on more than one occasion, and whether you entered into a plea bargain for the shoplifting. You may likely qualify for the "petty offense exception". Qualification for such defense would prevent deportation. The above information is dependent on your current immigration status in the U.S.A. Some aspects of immigration law can be difficult to navigate. It is very important that you seek the help of a qualified attorney to assist you with your case.
Click here to see all answers
Contact & Map
The Law Office of D.P. Anderson , PLLC
P.O Box 7684
Concord, NC 28027
Telephone: (984) 244-1145
The Law Office of D.P. Anderson, PLLC
19109 W. Catawba Avenue, Suite 200
Cornelius, NC 28031
Telephone: (984) 244-1145