Free Consultation: (704) 727-4900Tap to Call This Lawyer
Kelli Y Allen

Kelli Y Allen

Representing immigration clients worldwide; New Financing Options Available
  • Immigration Law, Elder Law, Arbitration & Mediation
  • North Carolina
Rate This Lawyer
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&AResponsive Law

Kelli Y Allen Immigration & Elder Law provides personalized, professional legal and mediation services.

Kelli represents immigration clients worldwide. Her immigration law practice focuses on family-based visas, adjustment of status, consular processing, unlawful presence waivers, naturalization, DACA, U-visas, removal of conditions, and some non-immigrant employment visas. Kelli is a member of the American Immigration Lawyer's Association and previously clerked with the Charlotte Immigration Court.

Our North Carolina elder law practice consists of long-term care planning, asset protection, establishing long-term care Medicaid eligibility without having to "spend down", preparation and submission of NC long-term care Medicaid applications, and representation before the Department of Social Services. The firm also provides evaluation and preparation of legal and estate planning documents such as Financial Powers of Attorney, Healthcare Powers of Attorney, Advanced Directives, wills, and trusts. Kelli is a member of Eldercounsel, National Care planning Council, and Elder Care Matters.

Kelli is a Nationally Certified Professional in Mediation. Our mediation practice primarily focuses on assisting families navigate potential challenges and conflicts dealing with elder issues such as caring for an aging parent, living arrangements, and decisions to look toward long-term care placement. We also medicate cases involving divorce, custody, mediation, neighborhood disputes, landlord-tenant issues, and workplace issues. Kelli is a member of the National Association of Certified Mediators, National Association for Community Mediation, and the American Bar Association Dispute Resolution Section,

Practice Areas
  • Immigration Law
  • Elder Law
  • Arbitration & Mediation
Additional Practice Area
  • Long-term Care Medicaid
  • Free Consultation
    Complimentary 15 minute telephone consultation on most immigration matters. Complimentary Meet-and-Greet for Mediation.
  • Credit Cards Accepted
    Mastercard, Visa, Discover
  • Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
    Outside financing programs available; in-house monthly payment options; Services provided on a flat-fee basis; no hidden fees.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
North Carolina
4th Circuit
  • English: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Kelli Y Allen Immigration & Elder Law
- Current
Charlotte School of Law
J.D. (2010) | Law
Honors: Summa Cum Laude
Professional Associations
North Carolina State Bar # 42179
Elder Law Matters
National Care Planning Council
National Association for Community Mediation
National Association of Certified Mediators
National Certified Professional in Mediation
American Bar Association - Dispute Resolution
Mecklenburg County Bar
- Current
American Immigration Lawyer's Association
- Current
Articles & Publications
All About Seniors Magazine
Speaking Engagements
Taming the Jungle of Long-term Care, Huntersville, NC
Nationally Certified Professional in Mediation
National Association of Certified Mediators
Websites & Blogs
Firm Website
Legal Answers
184 Questions Answered

Q. OPT ended with 60 days given, how long does it take for k3 to get processed so she doesn’t become out of status?
A: A K3 is not what she needs. Consult with an immigration attorney for a full case analysis. If she is eligible for adjustment of status, once filed, she will be allowed to remain in the U.S.
Q. Dear sir/madam I wana ask if priority date is current and petition i130 is pending Wht is the option? Outside USA
A: If the priority date is current, it is time to apply for an immigrant visa; nothing will just happen automatically. An immigration attorney can assist you with this process.
Q. Can a foreign citizen enter on visa waiver, marry a US citizen and immediately return to country of origin to apply GC?
A: It is fine to marry while in the U.S. under the VWP as long as you comply with all the terms and leave within the designated timeperiod. Your spouse would file a petition, you would process through the consulate, and re-enter with an immigrant visa (if approved). That is not immigration fraud. It would be if you came on the VWP with the plan to marry and remain permanently rather than leaving and processing back through the consulate.
Q. I am US citizen, my son is a green card son has a 2 years old child who was born and resides abroad
A: No, you cannot petition for a grandchild. Your son can petition for his child.
Q. I received a combo card ( EAD and AP ) with a misspelled last letter of my last name on it.
A: You need to have the card correctly. Whether an employer will accept a copy depends on the particular employer. If you can, get the job while you have the original documents to show, then keep a copy and send the EAD back with the application to correct the name. Once you have the new card, use that to get a new SS card.
Q. Would it affect someone to live in Mexico more than 6 months if resident only?
A: If your father is a permanent resident he should try not to stay out of the U.S. for 6 months at one time. If it does, it will delay his eligibility for naturalization. There are accommodations that can be made for the naturalization process based on age and length of time he has been a permanent residence. Consult an immigration attorney for a full analysis of his case.
Q. What should I put on the I29 form for the k1 visa on beneficiary physical address in the last 5 years?
A: List all addresses whether inside or outside the U.S.
Q. my husband has a ICE hold.he illegally reentered in the U S after being deported.he is seeking Asylum can he get bond?
A: You need to retain an immigration attorney for a full analysis of his case Since he already has a final order of removal, ICE can act very quickly to re-execute that order so you need to involve an attorney immediately to have any chance of keeping him in the U.S. to file for asylum. It is very unlikely that he would able to get an immigration bond. Also, based on the facts you presented, he likely has a permanent bar and would be unable to use the approved I-130.
Q. EAD with pending asylum in court.
A: You should consult an immigration attorney to calculate the number of days on the asylum clock. Sometimes the clock is stopped without you being aware of it. If you truly have over 180 days, you are eligible to file for employment authorization.
Click here to see all answers
Contact & Map
Kelli Y Allen Immigration & Elder Law
10150 Mallard Creek Rd. Suite 105
Charlotte, NC 28262
Telephone: (704) 727-4900
Cell: (704) 727-4310
Fax: (704) 973-0873