Profile Image Placeholder

David Michael Johnson

Johnson Legal, LLC
  • Criminal Law, DUI & DWI, Juvenile Law ...
  • Ohio
Review This Lawyer
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

I graduated from The Ohio State University cum laude with a B.A. in Criminology and earned a J.D. from the University of Toledo College of Law with a concentration in criminal law. While in law school I worked for both the Toledo Public Defender's Office and Lucas County Prosecutor's Office. These experiences allow me to give excellent representation to my clients in need of criminal defense.

Practice Areas
Criminal Law
Criminal Appeals, Drug Crimes, Expungement, Fraud, Gun Crimes, Internet Crimes, Sex Crimes, Theft, Violent Crimes
Juvenile Law
Domestic Violence
Domestic Violence Criminal Defense, Domestic Violence Restraining Orders, Victims Rights , Victims Rights
Business Law
Business Contracts, Business Dissolution, Business Finance, Business Formation, Business Litigation, Franchising, Mergers & Acquisitions, Partnership & Shareholder Disputes
Family Law
Adoption, Child Custody, Child Support, Father's Rights, Guardianship & Conservatorship, Paternity, Prenups & Marital Agreements, Restraining Orders, Same Sex Family Law
Collaborative Law, Contested Divorce, Military Divorce, Property Division, Same Sex Divorce, Spousal Support & Alimony, Uncontested Divorce
Additional Practice Areas
  • Traffic Offenses
  • Misdemeanors
  • Credit Cards Accepted
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Founding Attorney, Managing Member
Johnson Legal, LLC
- Current
Represent clients in the areas of criminal defense and small business law.
Legal Intern
Lucas County Prosecutor's Office
Represented the state of Ohio in a variety of criminal matters.
Legal Intern
Toledo Public Defender's Office
Represented clients in a variety of criminal matters.
The University of Toledo College of Law
J.D. (2014) | Criminal/Business Law
Concentration in Criminal Law
Activities: Toledo Public Defender's Office Lucas County Prosecutor's Office
The University of Toledo College of Law Logo
Ohio State University - Columbus
B.A. (2011) | Criminology
Honors: Graduated cum laude
Ohio State University - Columbus Logo
Professional Associations
State Bar of Ohio  # 0092139
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Columbus Bar Association
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Ohio State Bar Association
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
American Bar Association
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Websites & Blogs
Johnson Legal, LLC
Legal Answers
12 Questions Answered
Q. I have a agv. assault and child endangering from 24 years ago can I have it taken off my record?
A: You may want to look into sealing your record. A person can be eligible to seal their record provided they have not more than 1 felony, 1 felony and 1 misdemeanor, or 2 misdemeanors. If the aggravated assault carried a mandatory prison term, or if the child endangering was a felony, you will not be eligible to seal your record. If the child endangering charge was a misdemeanor, you may be eligible to seal your record. You will want to contact an attorney and discuss this with them.
Q. if you are charged with 2911.11 and on parole how many years can you get
A: 2911.11 is aggravated burglary. This charge is a 1st degree felony, which carries a prison term of 3-11 years. The court may seek to revoke the individual's parole, but the court will not increase the sentence for aggravated burglary based on revocation of post-release control.
Q. I was charged with drug abuse for picking up a pot pipe that was not mine. 4 years ago. I cant get a job. How can I get
A: It appears that you were convicted of drug paraphernalia, a 4th degree misdemeanor. You must wait at least 1 year to expunge your record and not commit any further criminal acts. The process for having your criminal record expunged by obtaining a final order of conviction from the clerk of courts begins by obtaining a certified copy of the Judgment Order of Conviction. They should be able to give you a certified copy for a small fee. Make sure you have the case number. Fill out the two forms they will send you ("Application for Sealing of a Criminal Record" and "Judgment Entry for Sealing"). Make 3 copies of these forms, have about $50 on hand, and give the copies to the clerk of courts. The court will set a hearing date and be prepared to show up to court and tell the judge your story. The judge has the discretion as to whether your application will be granted. ... Read More
View More Answers
Contact & Map
Johnson Legal, LLC
1900 Polaris Parkway Suite 450
Columbus, OH 43240
Telephone: (614) 987-0192
Toggle tool

There are no recently viewed profiles.

There are no saved profiles.

There are no profiles to compare.