When I started to practice law 35 years ago, my father, also a lawyer, offered me some thoughtful and exceptionally valuable advice: listen carefully, do your homework, and above all, maintain a sense of humor – because you are going to need it. I have to admit that Dad was right and his wise words have resonated with me during my entire practice. Listening attentively to my clients and meticulous preparation are indeed the hallmarks of success. And, finding a way to put clients at ease establishes approachability, confidence, and most importantly, trust. Working closely with each client, I make sure that I identify the specific goals and strategies of any legal case or matter.
I am that lawyer who gets right on the phone with clients even on a Saturday because I understand that sometimes questions just can't wait for regular business hours. I am that lawyer who may be dressed casually around the office (suits are for the courtroom) but make no mistake, I am always a passionate advocate for my clients, no matter what I am wearing.
As founder and managing partner of the Katz Law Group, P.C., my practice includes but is not limited to complex real estate litigation, employment disputes, premises liability defense, franchise and business litigation matters. I am cum laude graduate of Brandeis University and I received my law degree from the New England School of Law in Boston, where I was a member of the law review.
On occasion, plaintiffs and defendants from the opposite side of cases have gone on to hire me when the matters have concluded. Some have said, “We need a guy like you.” Those words are reinforcement and reward to a lawyer like me.
During my career, I have gone to trial and arbitration in over 150 cases including, personal injury defense, business litigation, landlord-tenant, contract, construction and franchise matters. My experience comprises the entire litigation process & practice in all Massachusetts state courts.
- Business Law
- Construction Law
- Landlord Tenant
- Real Estate Law
- Arbitration & Mediation
- Insurance Defense
- Business Litigation
- Employment Defense
- Small Business Agreements
- Contract Formation
- Franchise Law
- Free Consultation
A free consultation is provided by phone and, in some instances, a free in-office consultation may be provided depending upon the particular case.
- Credit Cards Accepted
Visa and Master Card only
- Contingent Fees
Depending upon the particular case, our firm does work on a contingent fee basis.
- 1st Circuit
- Managing Partner
- Katz Law Group, P.C.
- - Current
- Of Counsel
- Seegel, Lipshutz and Wilchins, LLP.
- Shane and Paolillo, P.C.
- Roberts, Newman and Katz, P.A.
- New England Law | Boston
- Honors: Cum Laude; New England Law Review, 1980-1982; Book Review Editor of New England Law Review, 1981-1982.
- Brandeis University
- B.A. (1979) | American Studies
- Honors: Cum Laude with Honors, Dean's List, 1977-1979.
- Client Choice Award
- BBB A plus accredited
- Better Business Bureau
- Preferred Defense Counsel
- Best Insurance Directory
- 10.0 Rank
- Metrowest Humane Society
- Board Member
- - Current
- BayPath Animal Society
- - Current
- Massachusetts State Bar
- - Current
- Gallardo V. Wendy’s Old Fashioned Hamburgers of New York, Inc.
- Middlesex Superior Court Motion for Summary Judgment - (David S. Katz represented Wendy’s)
- Business raises skeptical eyebrow over anti-bullying bill
- Worcester Business Journal - (David S.Katz quoted)
- David S. Katz launches administrative challenge against Whole Foods on liquor license expansion
- Worcester Telegram.com - (David S.Katz represented Turnpike Liquors, Inc.)
- The Continuing Separation of Functions Problem under Section 554(d) of the Administrative Procedure Act
- New England School of Law-Symposium on Administrative Law
- The Mass Marketing of the John F.Kennedy Assassination
- Brandeis University Press
- Katz Law Group
- Katz Law Group, P.C. Profile in the Better Business Bureau (BBB)
- WHAT STEPS A LESSOR MUST TAKE WHEN TENANTS PREMATURELY TERMINATE A LEASE
12 January 2019
- WHY YOUR COMPANY NEEDS AN EFFECTIVE CREDIT APPLICATION (PART 2)
5 January 2019
- WHY YOUR COMPANY NEEDS AN EFFECTIVE CREDIT APPLICATION (PART 1)
30 December 2018
- WHAT YOUR BUSINESS NEEDS TO KNOW ABOUT PERSONAL GUARANTEES
26 December 2018
- HOW SUPPLIERS AND VENDORS CAN PROTECT THEMSELVES BY INCLUDING ATTORNEY'S FEES AND OTHER COST PROVISIONS IN THEIR CONTRACTS
19 August 2018
- HOW TO MAKE YOUR NEXT CONTRACT BULLETPROOF (PART 2)
5 August 2018
- HOW TO MAKE YOUR NEXT CONTRACT BULLETPROOF (PART 1)
29 July 2018
- CAN A LANDLORD IN MASSACHUSETTS REQUIRE A TENANT TO OBTAIN RENTER'S INSURANCE AND TO PAY A PET DEPOSIT FEE?
27 July 2018
- HOW TO AVOID A LAWSUIT IF YOU ARE GOING TO HIRE AN EMPLOYEE FROM A COMPETITOR
15 July 2018