Free Consultation: (917) 548-9907Tap to Call This Lawyer
Colette Katz

Colette Katz

Manhattan South Traffic Violations Bureau
  • Traffic Tickets, Criminal Law
  • New York
Rate This Lawyer
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

Speeding ticket today? Call me to see if we can make it go away. 917.548.9907 We've been fighting speeding and other DMV violations for 8 years. Red light ticket? Let's try to lose it. 917.548.9907 We've been fighting red light, red arrow, stop sign, traffic device and other tickets for 8 years.

Practice Areas
  • Traffic Tickets
  • Criminal Law
  • Free Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
  • Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
    Fees are based on tickets, number of tickets and location of hearing.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
New York
  • English: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Colette Katz Law Firm
- Current
CKatzLawFirm is a fully-functioning law firm that specializes in NY DMV traffiic law, some criminal law, some DUI and DWI.
Colette Katz Law Firm
This a fully-functioning traffic law firm specializing in NY DMV traffic law defense, bonding, rescheduling and consultations. Criminal misdemeanor defense also avaiilable.
Per Diem Work - Multiple Firms
Per diem discovery work, usually in financial fraud defense, done for many NY Law firms.
New York Law School
J.D. (2007) | Law, emphasis on property, wills & trusts, corporations
Honors: Pro Bono Award 2005
Activities: NYLS Art Selection Juror and Participant
City University of New York - City College
Master of Fine Arts (2000) | Painting, sculpting, teaching, silk screen, art history, cultural analyses of art
Honors: Graduated summa cum laude. Received Connor award.
Activities: Took part in various art shows, participated in discussions, gave presentations, presented MFA Installation.
Fordham University
B.A. (1987) | Psychology, Women's Studies, Literature & Art
Honors: Invited to join the Psi Chi society.
Activities: Wrote for and occasionally illustrated the Ram Journal.
Professional Associations
New York State Bar # 4540670
- Current
Websites & Blogs
C. Katz Law Firm Website
Legal Answers
12 Questions Answered

Q. I got a speeding ticket over a year ago. Have yet to hear back. Should I call them to get the status of the ticket?
A: Go down to your local DMV to check for outstanding summonses or suspensions. If you are stopped by a police officer while suspended, you will be arrested. Colette Katz Attorney
Q. How do I request a FOIL of DMV for an unreadable ticket that may be past the 15 day response time?
A: Go to court to secure both your hearing date and a copy of the ticket.
Q. How do I respond to a ticket that is complete illegible? The copy is so faint that no information is readable
A: You can send a FOIL request to the police officer's precinct to request a good copy of the original summons.
Q. I was speeding 32mph than the speed limit and it was happened in October 2016 and my hearing date is in aug2017.
A: What was the speed limit? Where did you get the ticket? First find tbese things out by reviewing your ticket, and then speak with a goid traffic attorney about defense. If you merely pay the ticket, the points won't go away. Instead, you'll have 8 points on your record.
Q. My "passed red signal" violation is missing the registration expiration date on ticket, will it be dismissed?
A: You have a lot of questions, all good ones. 1. Red light - 3 points. Fight it, but use an attorney who will be able to pull those issues you speak of -- no registration, irrelevant speeding question (unless you got a speeding summons), the delay in stopping you, etc. -- into a defense. 2. All of these NY towns have their own procedures for dealing with traffic violations. You can only marvel at the diversity of styles -- and then follow each one to the letter, to get the best result. Good luck.
Q. Missing Town/City on a traffic Ticket considered incomplete?
A: The lack of location is an important part of the prima facie case. If this is a DMV ticket, lok in the location box below the offense to see if street or Avenue numbers are written in. Even if there is no location whatsoever, though, I would recomend hiring an attorney to bolster your chances of winning the hearing.
Q. i just received a notice from dmv (NY) that my license would be suspended if i didn't respond to a ticket from 2008.
A: Yes, you must answer the summons. If the ticket is indeed for adequate lights, it has no points. You can either fight it or pay for it.
Q. I got 4 tickets. One for unlicensed driver, imprudent speed, turn signal vi, and registration vio. Can I go to jail ?
A: First, retain counsel. Then find out if any of the tickets are criminal, as opposed to vehicle traffic law (violations, not crimes). Your attorney will know the difference and act accordingly. You will probably not be incarcerated.
Q. I received a speeding ticket in Virginia, hopewell office for driving 85 in a 70 zone. I have a perfect driving record,
A: This ticket may (depending on the court), be reducible. You should answer the ticket, preferably with the aid of legal counsel. Check online to find someone local who is familiar with the court. Such an attorney will have practice in getting the best outcome possible for people in your situation.
Click here to see all answers
Social Media
Contact & Map
Colette Katz Law Firm
P. O. Box 7212
New York, NY 10116
Telephone: (917) 548-9907