While working as a prosecutor, Brian Berkowitz was appointed by the District Attorney of Rockland County as the Senior Assistant District Attorney in charge of the Driving While Intoxicated Bureau. In this supervisory role, he was responsible for the training of prosecutors and the review and assessment of every Driving While Intoxicated (DWI / DUI) case brought before the District Attorney's Office, as well as personally handling the most serious misdemeanor and felony Driving While Intoxicated cases from inception to trial.
As a Criminal Defense Attorney, Brian Berkowitz has utilized his insight and vast background and experience on both sides of the criminal justice system to diligently defend those charged with Driving While Intoxicated and all other Criminal matters before the Courts of Rockland County and the State of New York.
A Driving While Intoxicated (DWI / DUI) charge, unlike most other crimes, not only subjects you to criminal sanctions, but will also have serious ramifications on your driving privileges as early as the first Court appearance. The laws of the State of New York allow for the prompt and immediate suspension of your driving privileges based solely upon an alleged blood alcohol level (.08 or greater), as well as the immediate suspension of your driving privileges for refusing to submit to a chemical test to determine your blood alcohol concentration.
If you or someone you care about has been charged with Driving While Intoxicated or any other Criminal matter, please contact Brian Berkowitz to discuss your case and the options available to you.
Law Office of Brian Berkowitz
DWI and Criminal Defense Lawyer (Attorney) serving All Rockland County (NY) Courts: Town of Clarkstown, Town of Ramapo, Town of Stony Point, Town of Haverstraw, Town of Orangetown, Village of Spring Valley, Village of Nyack, Village of Suffern, Village of South Nyack, Village of Piermont, Village of Airmont, Village of Haverstraw, Village of Wesley Hills, Village of Chestnut Ridge, Village of West Haverstraw, Village of Sloatsburg, Village of Grandview, Village of Upper Nyack, Village of New Square, Village of Hillburn, New York State Thruway and Palisades Interstate Parkway.
- Criminal Law
- DUI & DWI
- Traffic Tickets
- Criminal Charges and Arrests
- Driving Under the Influence (DUI)
- Driving While Intoxicated (DWI)
- Drug and Narcotics Cases
- Felony and Misdemeanor Arrests
- Speeding and Traffic Tickets
- Free Consultation
- Credit Cards Accepted
- New York
- DWI and Criminal Defense Attorney
- Law Office of Brian Berkowitz
- - Current
- Senior Assistant District Attorney
- Rockland County District Attorney's Office
- Roger Williams University School of Law
- J.D. (1998)
- Ramapo College of New Jersey
- B.S. (1995)
- Forty Under 40
- Rockland County Economic Development Corporation
- Recognized as one of forty professionals under the age of 40 who are making their mark on Rockland County in positive ways through their commitment to growth, development, professional excellence and the community at large.
- New York State Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Rockland County Bar Association
- National Motorists Association
- New York State Bar # 2929099
- - Current
- DO I REALLY NEED A LAWYER FOR MY DWI CASE?
- Brian Berkowitz
- WHEN AN OUT-OF-STATE DRIVER GETS A TICKET IN NEW YORK
- Brian Berkowitz