I am a bankruptcy attorney with over a decade of experience and have successfully handled a wide variety of bankruptcy matters. I have handled personal bankruptcy cases, business bankruptcy reorganizations and bankruptcy-related litigation disputes for clients and have experience in all chapters of the bankruptcy code.
I represent debtors in bankruptcy and in debt resolution efforts. I choose to work for debtors because while it is much more demanding, it is far more rewarding when done right. There is nothing more satisfying professionally than a successful case which makes a positive and lasting difference for a client’s financial security.
I was born in Canada and moved to the United States to pursue my original passion – baseball. After a few college years, I was selected by the Anaheim Angels in the 11th round of the 1999 Major League Baseball draft. I played a few years in the minor leagues but injuries limited my advancement. I then returned to school and graduated summa cum laude from Arizona State University in 2003. I attended ASU School of Law and graduated early in 2005 earning the distinction of cum laude and was the Associate Editor of the Law Review. I externed for the Honorable Michael Daly Hawkins on the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals.
I spent a couple years in big law but it brought little passion as my efforts were making no difference in the lives of real people and small businesses. I started my own practice to fill that void. I practice bankruptcy law for that very reason – to help real people protect their assets and eliminate their debt.
My results have earned the recognition of the legal industry and my peers. But my greatest accolades are the satisfaction of my clients. I encourage you to view the results and review the testimonials of clients. And if you have questions on asset protection, Chapter 7, Chapter 13, Chapter 11 or Chapter 12, or are just concerned about your debt situation, I am here to help.
- Free Consultation
- Credit Cards Accepted
- Sandra Day O'Connor College of Law, Arizona State University
- J.D. (2005)
- Honors: Cum Laude
- Arizona State Bar # 024321
- Barski Law Firm PLC
- Tips for Qualifying for Chapter 13 Debt Limits
15 August 2019
- Late Filed Taxes are Not Dischargeable – But Here is the IRS’ Position
8 April 2019
- Truth About Debt Management Companies
2 April 2019
- Medical Debts are Non-Consumer Debts
18 February 2019
- Caution to Filing Without Counsel: Judicial Estoppel
6 February 2019
- Paying a Child’s Tuition Prior to Filing Bankruptcy
29 January 2019
- Government Shutdown’s Impact on Bankruptcy Court and Consumer Bankruptcy Proceedings
22 January 2019
- Avoiding the Means Test: Student Loan Debt
16 January 2019
- Keeping Your Business Interest in Chapter 7
8 January 2019