Claimed Lawyer ProfileOffers Video ChatQ&AResponsive Law
- Estate Planning
- Business Law
Video Chat and Conferencing
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
- Supreme Court of Illinois
- The John Marshall Law School
- State Bar of Illinois  # 6313092
Websites & Blogs
4 Questions Answered
- Q. Can you disinherit a minor from your will in Illinois?
- A: A person can make a claim of disinheritance in their will, yes. It must be an act of affirmation - in other words you need to state that you are disinheriting person "X". The disinherited party would still have an opportunity to show cause to a judge as to why they should take of the estate, however.
- Q. Can a bank sell a vehicle from an estate sale without entering in the estate auction for everyone to bid?
- A: If you turned title to the car over to the bank, then yes - they own the car and can do with it what they want. Unless you have a written agreement with the bank that obligates them to put the car up for auction so you could bid on the vehicle, the bank had no requirement to do that.
- Q. I have a question about parents cremains. Sister has my moms and I'd like them split along with my dads.
- A: The easy answer to this is "no", your mother's ashes do not legally belong to your sister. I hope the two of you can work out this matter amicably and not have to take it to court.
Contact & Map