Brian is a trial lawyer who began his career at Leopold & Associates after graduating Magna Cum Laude and Order of the Coif from DePaul University College of Law. While in law school, Brian clerked for the office of the Cook County State's Attorney Consumer Fraud Unit assisting with the successful prosecution of numerous fraudulent business practices that preyed on Illinois consumers. He demonstrated his passion for litigation as a member of DePaul's Phi Alpha Delta Mock Trial Team and was the recipient of the CALI Award for Excellence in Advanced Trial Advocacy and Pre-Trial Strategy: Civil Litigation.
Prior to law school, Brian was a Project Manager at a political consulting firm in Washington D.C. and also ran and worked on various national, state and local political campaigns.
Originally from Boston, Brian and his wife live in Chicago where he enjoys cheering for his hometown sports teams (especially the Red Sox), traveling near and far, and spoiling their two cats.
- Personal Injury
- Medical Malpractice
- Nursing Home Abuse
- Free Consultation
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Illinois
- Leopold & Associates, L.L.C.
- - Current
- Law Clerk
- Cook County State's Attorney: Consumer Fraud Unit
- Project Manager
- DDC Adovocacy
- DePaul College of Law
- University of Wisconsin - Madison
- CALI Award for Excellence: Civil Litigation Strategy
- CALI Award for Excellence: Advanced Trial Advocacy
- Illinois Trial Lawyers Association
- Chicago Bar Association
- Brian Shactman's Website Profile
- Leopold & Associates, L.L.C. Website
- Chicago Injury Lawyers Blog
- Knee Replacement Necessary?
30 January 2019
- Paying Doctors to Prescribe
21 January 2019
- New Year – New Laws
10 January 2019
- People Hurt By Corporate Greed
28 December 2018
- Rauner’s Loss is Veterans’ Gain
17 December 2018
- Nursing Homes: Profit or Safety?
5 December 2018
- Check That Insurance!
26 November 2018
- Fighting for Your Insurance Coverage
13 November 2018
- Snow Rules
15 January 2018