Ben Murphey is an attorney with the Fort Lauderdale law firm of Lawlor Winston. Mr. Murphey was born in Montgomery, Alabama in 1971. Before entering college, he served in the U. S. Army Infantry where he earned his airborne wings, and had the honor of serving as a sentinel at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier. He has been admitted to practice before all Florida Courts, the United States District Court for the Southern, Middle and Northern Districts of Florida, and the United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit.
Mr. Murphey's practice areas include general and maritime personal injury, medical malpractice, wrongful death, and civil appeals. He represents clients at the trial and appellate stages of litigation, and has appeared before numerous state and federal courts, as well as the Social Security Administration Office of Hearings and Appeals, the U. S. Department of Labor, Florida’s Division of Administrative Hearings, and the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission.
- Appeals & Appellate
- Business Law
- Employment Law
- Personal Injury
- General Civil
- Lawlor Winston, LLP
- - Current
- Nova Southeastern University - Shepard Broad Law Center
- Doctor of Jurisprudence/Juris Doctor
- Super Lawyer
- Super Lawyers
- Florida State Bar # 25489
- - Current
- Personal Injury Lawyer Ben Murphey
- Lawlor Winston White & Murphey
- Lawlor Winston Blog
- What Happens If You Slip and Fall While on Vacation in Florida?
22 May 2017
- Phone Call Leads to $33.8 Million Medical Malpractice Lawsuit
17 May 2017
- Are We Better Off Without “No-Fault” Insurance in Florida?
10 May 2017
- 5 FAQs about the 2017 Hurricane Season in Florida
3 May 2017
- House Passes Bill to Reduce Mass Tort and Class Action Lawsuits
26 April 2017
- Lawsuit against Pulse Shooter’s Wife, Employer May Be Thrown Out
19 April 2017
- You’re Injured at an Indian Casino – How Do You File a Claim?
13 April 2017
- Rideshare Accidents: Everything Floridians Need to Know
5 April 2017
- New Drivers, More Driving Lead to Surge in Florida Crashes
28 March 2017