Ben Murphey is an attorney with the Fort Lauderdale law firm of Lawlor Winston. Mr. Murphey was born in Montgomery, Alabama in 1971. Before entering college, he served in the U. S. Army Infantry where he earned his airborne wings, and had the honor of serving as a sentinel at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier. He has been admitted to practice before all Florida Courts, the United States District Court for the Southern, Middle and Northern Districts of Florida, and the United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit.
Mr. Murphey's practice areas include general and maritime personal injury, medical malpractice, wrongful death, and civil appeals. He represents clients at the trial and appellate stages of litigation, and has appeared before numerous state and federal courts, as well as the Social Security Administration Office of Hearings and Appeals, the U. S. Department of Labor, Florida’s Division of Administrative Hearings, and the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission.
- Appeals & Appellate
- Business Law
- Employment Law
- Personal Injury
- General Civil
- Lawlor Winston, LLP
- - Current
- Nova Southeastern University - Shepard Broad Law Center
- Doctor of Jurisprudence/Juris Doctor
- Super Lawyer
- Super Lawyers
- Florida State Bar # 25489
- - Current
- Personal Injury Lawyer Ben Murphey
- Lawlor Winston White & Murphey
- Lawlor Winston Blog
- Florida Tesla Fire Raises Questions about Defective Cars and Liability
20 June 2018
- How Florida Boating Injury Lawsuits Work
15 June 2018
- Injured by a Florida Pharmacy Error – What Can You Do to Fight Back?
7 June 2018
- Florida Fan Injuries: Who’s to Blame If You’re Hurt Watching a Game?
5 June 2018
- Pedestrian Accidents are Often Wrongful Deaths in Florida
23 May 2018
- It’s Florida Prom and Graduation Season – Watch Out for Teen Drivers
14 May 2018
- Know the Elements of a Florida Bad Faith Insurance Claim
7 May 2018
- Just How Common Is Medical Malpractice in Florida?
2 May 2018
- How’s Florida Doing with Distracted Driving? Not Well
26 April 2018