Ben Murphey is an attorney with the Fort Lauderdale law firm of Lawlor Winston. Mr. Murphey was born in Montgomery, Alabama in 1971. Before entering college, he served in the U. S. Army Infantry where he earned his airborne wings, and had the honor of serving as a sentinel at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier. He has been admitted to practice before all Florida Courts, the United States District Court for the Southern, Middle and Northern Districts of Florida, and the United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit.
Mr. Murphey's practice areas include general and maritime personal injury, medical malpractice, wrongful death, and civil appeals. He represents clients at the trial and appellate stages of litigation, and has appeared before numerous state and federal courts, as well as the Social Security Administration Office of Hearings and Appeals, the U. S. Department of Labor, Florida’s Division of Administrative Hearings, and the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission.
- Appeals & Appellate
- Business Law
- Employment Law
- Personal Injury
- General Civil
- Lawlor Winston, LLP
- - Current
- Nova Southeastern University - Shepard Broad Law Center
- Doctor of Jurisprudence/Juris Doctor
- Super Lawyer
- Super Lawyers
- Florida State Bar # 25489
- - Current
- Personal Injury Lawyer Ben Murphey
- Lawlor Winston White & Murphey
- Lawlor Winston Blog
- Reasons Insurers Deny Florida Homeowner Claims – and How to Fight Back
11 April 2018
- Easter Injuries Florida Parents Need to Know About
6 April 2018
- Why Do Single-Car Accidents Happen in Florida?
29 March 2018
- Rehab Facility Death Raises Questions about Duty to Care in Florida
22 March 2018
- Florida Stores Can’t Just Refuse to Show Slip and Fall Videos
15 March 2018
- How Floridians Can Have a Safe St. Patrick’s Day
8 March 2018
- Is Your Loved One Being Neglected in Their Florida Nursing Home?
28 February 2018
- Will Self-Driving Cars Lead to More Florida DUI Injuries?
21 February 2018
- Most Common Reasons Floridians File Homeowner’s Insurance Claims
16 February 2018