Free Consultation: (914) 595-6527Tap to Call This Lawyer

Anthony Nigro

Law Office of Anthony Nigro
  • Probate, Estate Planning
  • New Jersey, New York
Rate This Lawyer
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

Anthony Nigro is a member of both the New York State bar and the New Jersey State bar. He focuses on trusts and estates law: estate litigation, probate, administration, wills, trusts, guardianships,powers of attorney and health care proxies. He also enjoys helping small businesses reach their full potential from company formation to trademark guidance. His regional focus is limited to Westchester County, Rockland County, Orange County, Dutchess County, and all of NYC including the Bronx, Queens, Manhattan, Brooklyn, and Long Island. Anthony is a graduate of Fordham University and Pace Law School, cum laude. While in law school he was an editor on law review and a recipient of the University Merit Scholarship.

Practice Areas
  • Probate
  • Estate Planning
  • Free Consultation
    Free phone consultations. In person meetings may or may not depending on the nature of the case.
  • Contingent Fees
    Not all cases are applicable for contingent fees.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
New Jersey
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
New York
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Attorney at Law
Law Office of Anthony Nigro
- Current
Of Counsel, Surrogate's Court Practitioner
Weitz and Luxenberg, PC
- Current
Pace Law School
J.D. (2010) | Law
Honors: Cum Laude
Activities: Operations Editor on Pace Environmental Law Review.
Placeholder image for education.
Fordham University
B.A. (2003) | English/Classical Languages
Fordham University Logo
Professional Associations
State Bar of New York # 4838207
Placeholder image for professional associations.
New York State Bar Association- Trusts & Estates
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Westchester County Bar Association
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Articles & Publications
Small Administration in New York
Websites & Blogs
Law Office of Anthony Nigro- Probate Law and Estate Litigation
Legal Answers
13 Questions Answered

Q. If someone's will was never found, but had a substantial amount of estate, does it NEED to go through probate?
A: If there are probate-able assets, then yes it has to go through Surrogates Court- either probate or by administration (without a will). Usually you'll find you won't be able to even access the money/assets without Letters by the Court. Good luck.
Q. I just found out that my sister was born before my parents got married. Before my dad died he did not want her to inher
A: I hate to give advice on questions like this because this is obviously more involved than one sentence. Call a probate attorney and schedule an appointment because I know you're going to have 10 follow up questions. Many give free consultations. Good luck!
Q. How do I force payment of judgement on dead mans estate if his kids won't start probate . NY Law . Personal judgment .
A: You bring a creditor's petition. Hire a probate attorney for it, it will get involved. Good luck.
Q. My sister passed away w/out a will and the property she owns is only in her name and she was married, probate court?
A: Probably yes. Need to parse out the family tree a bit to give specific advice.
Q. My father died in Florida, my brother lives in Oregon and I live in NY. I need an attorney and I don't know which state
A: Usually probate is conducted in the county in which the decedent was domiciled. That's where I would get my attorney. Good luck.
Q. My mom died I'm only living son I don't know how to contact her estate attorney
A: You don't have to contact hers. You can contact any estate attorney and they can get the ball moving. Good luck.
Q. My dad passed and left house and property to me and I am the only living person, do I need attorney to get house my name
A: If you have to go through a full probate proceeding I would suggest yes. It's complicated, can take years, and is stressful. Why not hire someone to do it right? Good luck.
Q. what happens if all the Aires in a probate case don't agree
A: It my fall into litigation if there isn't harmonious agreement. Most wills usually state who the executor will be. If that person is not able or willing, usually there is a successor. My gut says you may be having problems with the waiver and consents and it might be time to get some help.
Q. Father passed away. He had stock accounts with my mother ( joint tenancy). Are those accounts subject to probate?
A: So if they were truly jointly held, probably not. I'd have to see the actual account to give a real answer. Good luck.
Click here to see all answers
Contact & Map
115 E. Stevens Ave.
Suite 100
Valhalla, NY 10595
Telephone: (914) 595-6527