Free Consultation: (407) 377-0150Tap to Call This Lawyer
Andrew Lawrence Moses

Andrew Lawrence Moses

Moses and Rooth Attorneys at Law
  • Criminal Law, Domestic Violence, DUI & DWI...
  • Florida
Rate This Lawyer
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

Andrew Moses attended the University of Florida as both an undergraduate and law school graduate student. As a law student he began practicing criminal law. He devoted much of his final semester of law school as an intern with the State Attorney's Office in Alachua County.
Andrew has been practicing criminal law his entire career. After graduating from law school he began working as an Assistant State Attorney prosecuting cases in Orange County. During his time as an Assistant State Attorney, Andrew handled all types of cases ranging from misdemeanors to such serious felonies as drug trafficking and armed robbery. His experience as a prosecutor helped him gain perspective of the criminal justice system and how the government established its cases.
After serving the community as a prosecutor for over three years, Andrew along with Jay Rooth established the law firm of Moses & Rooth PA. As a defense attorney, Andrew has taken great pride in representing those accused of crimes during this most trying period. He has the knowledge and the drive to ensure that those he represents have their constitutional rights protected.

Practice Areas
  • Criminal Law
  • Domestic Violence
  • DUI & DWI
  • Juvenile Law
  • White Collar Crime
  • Appeals & Appellate
  • Traffic Tickets
  • Free Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
    All major credit cards accepted
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
  • English
Professional Experience
Moses and Rooth Attorneys at Law
- Current
Assistant State Attorney
State Attorney's Office
University of Florida Levin College of Law
Doctor of Jurisprudence/Juris Doctor
University of Florida
Political Science
Super Lawyer
Super Lawyers
Rising Star
Super Lawyer
Rising Star
Super Lawyers
Rising Star
Super Lawyers
Rising Star
Super Lawyers
Professional Associations
Florida Association of Criminla Defense Lawyers
- Current
Central Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Current
Florida State Bar # 629316
- Current
Websites & Blogs
Orlando, FL Criminal Law Attorneys
If an Alleged Victim of Domestic Violence Doesn’t Testify in Court, What Happens to My Case?
Legal Answers
19 Questions Answered

Q. I recently had my criminal case closed the judge ordered me probation and that my record be "held from adjudication"
A: It sounds as if the judge "withheld adjudication". This means that you are not convicted of the crime. A background search will most likely show this arrest. However, you may answer that you have not been convicted of a crime. Additionally, you may want to consider sealing your record if you successfully complete the probation and are otherwise eligible.
Q. If I was with someone when they were charged and arrested for things that didn’t apply to me, am I considered a victim?
A: You would know if you were a victim of a crime. Simply being present when someone is arrested does not make you a victim.
Q. Burglary, possession of burgl tools with intent, and petty theft?
A: Philip This sounds more like a trespass than a burglary. You were certainly in a place that you did not have authority to be in, however there was no crime committed in the place. The argument on the key is that it was abandoned property and that you did not steal it. I would imagine that they would not proceed on the burglary tool case either as it was apparent that you entered the life guard stand using the "found" key
Q. Two teachers held my 7 year old down and cut her hair i have already filed assualt charges I need a lawyer to help me
A: The criminal charges will be handled by the State Attorney's Office and retaining your own attorney is not necessary. However, you may consider retaining a lawyer to act as your advocate in the criminal case. If you are considering a civil law suit you will also need a lawyer. Your questions does not indicate your intentions so my response is fairly general.
Q. Charged for crime which friend in car committed.
A: This is a constructive possession case. The government is trying to argue that although you did not have actual possession of the contraband, you had the ability to exercise dominion and control of the item(s). It is not a situation where a motion is going to get a case dismissed. You need an attorney.
Q. My husband got locked up last night for going into someone's apartment with a BB gun.
A: Your husband needs to retain an attorney. You do not indicate what he was arrested for, but clearly he was arrested and now needs assistance.
Q. My son received a red light camera ticket 3 months after the fact. Can he fight it?
A: He can pay the $23 reinstatement fee and request a hearing. I am sure that he never received the notice but he will need to pay in order to make sure that his license does not go into suspension.
Q. Hello I recently received a speeding citation in my county in Florida.
A: You will either need to go to court yourself or retain an attorney to go for you
Q. Is there a 10 day cool down period before you can file request for arrest after you've been assaulted
A: No, if you are the victim of a crime you can immediately file a police report. The law enforcement agency will then do the investigation and will either obtain an arrest warrant from law enforcement or send the case to the state attorney's office for review.
Click here to see all answers
Social Media
Contact & Map
115 Granada Ct
Orlando, FL 32803
Telephone: (407) 377-0150
Fax: (407) 377-0160