Free Consultation: (407) 377-0150Tap to Call This Lawyer
Jay R. Rooth

Jay R. Rooth

  • Criminal Law, Domestic Violence, DUI & DWI...
  • Florida
Rate This Lawyer
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial MediaResponsive Law

As a former Assistant State Attorney in Orange and Osceola County, I have the unique experience to understand both sides of a criminal Law. I have been practicing Criminal Law in Central Florida since 2003. Moses and Rooth Attorneys at Law is a Criminal Defense Law firm handling both State and Federal cases. We offer a free consultation to answer all your questions and provide advice on how to proceed with your case.

Practice Areas
  • Criminal Law
  • Domestic Violence
  • DUI & DWI
  • Juvenile Law
  • Traffic Tickets
  • White Collar Crime
  • Free Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
    Visa, MasterCard, Discover, Diners Club
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
  • English: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Assistant State Attorney
State Attorneys Office Ninth Judicial Circuit
Prosecuted cases in Orange and Osceola Counties. Handles simple traffic, DUI, theft, to complex felony cases
Stetson University
MBA | Masters in Busniess Administration
Stetson University
M.S. | Business
Barry University Dwayne O. Andreas School of Law
S.J.D. | Law
Super Lawyer
Florida Super Lawyer
Florida Trend Magazine
Florida Legal Elite
AV Preeminent 5.0 Peer review rating
Martindale Hubble
Rising Star
Florida Super Lawyers
Professional Associations
Central Florida Association of Criminal Defense Attorneys
- Current
Florida State Bar # 630241
- Current
Orange County Bar Association
- Current
Articles & Publications
Strategies for Defending Domestic Violence Cases - Credibility Strategies for an Incredible Defense
Aspatore Book publication
Strategies For Defending Identity Theft Cases - Identity Fraud Defense: Understanding the Facts Better Than the Prosecution
Aspatore Book publication
Websites & Blogs
Moses and Rooth Attorneys at Law
Orlando, FL Criminal Law Attorneys
Habitual Traffic Offender Status Can Now be Removed and Overturned
If an Alleged Victim of Domestic Violence Doesn’t Testify in Court, What Happens to My Case?
Lack of Evidence Forces Appeals Court to Throw Out Drug Charges
Is Vaping Marijuana Legal in Florida?
Legal Answers
5 Questions Answered

Q. My friend of mine went to a child hear say hearing and the court reserves ruling what happens next?
A: This means the judge is going to issue a ruling with written order at a later date. Many times the attorneys will follow up with additional Memorandum to support the arguments presented at the hearing. You simply need to wait for the judge to make the ruling.
Q. Received my first speeding ticket. Will my insurance rates go up if I take the drivers class to get the points off?
A: Your insurance rates should not go up if you take the class and avoid points for the citation.
Q. I have to go to court for mis.vop 1st time what can I expect
A: The first time that you go to court for a violation of probation, the court will make sure that you have an attorney or appoint a public defender. The judge will typically ready the reasons for the violation of probation so that you are aware of the allegations and then set your case for a violation of probation hearing. If you violation is minor or a technical violation, the government may consider making an offer to resolve the case.
Q. Got speeding ticket- WRONG: ALL car info, lic plate # (1 digit off), I was going north, It says south. Can I fight it?
A: Yes, but the officer can amend the citation prior to the hearing. However, it sounds like the officer has a bunch of facts mixed up in the citation which will help for the hearing. At the end of the day if the officer testifies under oath that he recalls you driving at excessive speed, you will most likely be found in violation, unless you are able to defend the speeding portion of the case. How did he measure your speed? Has the speed measuring device been properly maintained? Does the officer have the proper qualifications to make a determination of speed? Was the officer who wrote the citation, the officer who observed the speed? etc. There are a lot of legal avenues to explore.
Q. I'm aware i can not have two expungements but could I get a sealed and expunge?
A: The Florida Department of Law enforcement only allows for 1 adult expungement. I have included a link to the FDLE website that will also confirm for you.
Click here to see all answers
Social Media
Contact & Map
115 Granada Court
Orlando, FL 32803
Telephone: (407) 377-0150
Telephone: (407) 377-0150
Fax: (407) 377-0160