Attorney Alexandra K. Hughes is a skilled personal injury attorney at Blasingame, Burch, Garrard & Ashley, P.C. Following her graduation from North Oconee High School, Alex attended Vassar College and earned her B.A. in political science in 2013. While in college, she was a member of the Women’s Swim Team, studied abroad in Denmark, and interned with the Corporation Counsel of the City of Poughkeepsie.
Alex went on to earn her J.D. at Georgia State University College of Law. During law school, she served as an Associate Articles Editor of Law Review and published an article related to insurance coverage for children. Alex also served as the Vice President of Appellate Advocacy of Moot Court and competed in the New York Bar Association and Prince Evidence competitions. In her final year, Alex was a clinic intern and graduate research assistant for the Investor Advocacy Clinic. She graduated summa cum laude in 2016 and was inducted into the Order of the Coif.
Following summer internships in Athens and Atlanta, Alex began her career as an insurance and general liability associate at a large civil defense firm in Atlanta. In her practice, Alex represented individuals, professionals, and corporations in auto accident, subrogation, insurance coverage, premises liability, and veterinary malpractice lawsuits.
Alex returned to Athens to join Blasingame, Burch, Garrard & Ashley, P.C. in April of 2018. Her work at BBGA encompasses complex multidistrict litigation, including the National Prescription Opiate Litigation. Alex also handles medical malpractice, motor vehicle accident, premises liability, and other personal injury cases.
- Personal Injury
- Medical Malpractice
- Nursing Home Abuse
- Georgia State University College of Law
- J.D. (2016)
- Honors: summa cum laude
- Vassar College
- B.A. | Political Science
- Georgia State Bar # 650696
- Firm News – Blasingame, Burch, Garrard & Ashley, P.C.
- BBGA Welcomes Two New Attorneys
3 September 2019
- Terminally Ill Green Beret Fighting to Sue Military Doctors
14 August 2019
- BBGA Attorney Speaks to EPA Employees About Estate Planning
6 August 2019
- Alzheimer’s Patient Abused by Staff at Georgia Assisted Living Facility/Personal Care Home
2 August 2019
- Public Outcry for Stricter Regulations on E-Cigarettes, JUUL
9 July 2019
- BBGA Attorney Recognized as ‘Lawyer of Distinction’
2 July 2019
- $375K for Cervical Fusion Surgery from Mack Truck Crash
28 June 2019
- UGA Law Students Paving Their Way to Success at Blasingame, Burch, Garrard & Ashley
19 June 2019
- CMS Refuses to Release List of Under-Performing Nursing Homes, so Two Senators Make List Public Instead
5 June 2019