Free Consultation: (470) 799-5992Tap to Call This Lawyer
Alake Colwell Furlow

Alake Colwell Furlow

  • Family Law, Divorce, Juvenile Law
  • Georgia
Review This Lawyer
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&A

Family law attorney handling cases involving child support, child custody, legitimation, guardianship, divorce, visitation, child abandonment, modifications & all other domestic cases. Licensed to practice law since 2011 having handled cases in counties such as Cobb, Gwinnett, Dekalb, Fayette, Fulton, Henry, Rockdale, Cherokee, Clayton, Douglas, Barrow, Clarke, Carroll, Forsyth, Hall, Lumpkin, Netwon, Habersham, Paulding, Putnam, & Walton county. Offering reasonable fees, lower than most of my colleagues, which may include payment plans.

Practice Areas
    Family Law
    Adoption, Child Custody, Child Support, Father's Rights, Guardianship & Conservatorship, Paternity, Prenups & Marital Agreements, Restraining Orders, Same Sex Family Law
    Collaborative Law, Contested Divorce, Military Divorce, Property Division, Same Sex Divorce, Spousal Support & Alimony, Uncontested Divorce
    Juvenile Law
  • Free Consultation
    Offering a free 15-minute telephone consultation and a reasonable retainer with some payment options available.
  • Credit Cards Accepted
  • Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
    Credit cards accepted but may be subject to vendor and credit card fees.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
State Bar of Georgia
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
Professional Associations
State Bar of Georgia
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Legal Answers
294 Questions Answered
Q. I have a TPO order, one child is listed but is not legitimized. Does the person who the TPO is against get visitation?
A: In the legitimation action if the father asks for visitation, the court may award him visitation, regardless of the TPO. You will have to present your case regarding what custody & visitation you think the court should award. I would hire an attorney if you are the defendant in a legitimation action.
Q. Can a child granddad full rights to my kid causes they have Temporary guardianship
A: If I understand your question correctly, a grandparent can file in court to assert their rights and ask for custody. If they are the guardian and they have had the child or children for a period of time, the Court could take awarding them permanent custody seriously. But you will have your chance to respond to any petition filed and present your case.
Q. Hello - I have a letter enforcing an Income withholding order. I haven’t been late once and there’s a live court order.
A: "At this time" means at the time your child support addendum was drafted. It doesn't mean that at a later date an Income Deduction Order cannot be established. So yes, they can establish one now, and your employer will enforce if when it's sent to them.
View More Answers
Contact & Map
The Colwell Law Firm, LLC
P. O. Box 1741
Dacula, GA 30019
Telephone: (470) 799-5992
Toggle tool

There are no recently viewed profiles.

There are no saved profiles.

There are no profiles to compare.