Free Consultation: (714) 973-4892Tap to Call This Lawyer
William John Light

William John Light

Law Offices of Todd Rash
  • Personal Injury, Animal & Dog Law, Insurance Claims ...
  • California
Review This Lawyer
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial MediaResponsive Law

Call me at (951) 275-5297. Email me at Visit my website at

I have been practicing law for 30 years. Lots of attorneys can file lawsuits and fight it out. We take pride in fighting intelligently. I have recovered millions and millions of dollars for people like you. I have met thousands of decent, honorable people who have been hurt due to negligence or intentional wrongdoing of others. You deserve a voice. We will speak for you. When we speak, insurance companies pay attention. Some of our biggest and most satisfying cases involved representing victims of dog bites, sexual molestation, product liability, dangerous roads and, of course, automobile collisions. We have a great deal of experience in virtually every kind of personal injury claim there is, including dental and medical malpractice, premises liability and employment disputes. I would like to discuss your case with you. Consultations are free.

Nothing herein guarantees, warranties, or predicts the result of any future legal representation. No attorney-client relationship is formed without the consent of the Law Offices of Todd Rash expressed in a written retainer agreement. Some of the answers here on Justia may include questions that the attorneys hope you will answer by messaging them directly to them in hopes of establishing a relationship with you that will result in you hiring them. State law prohibits attorneys from soliciting potential clients for business.

Practice Areas
  • Personal Injury
  • Animal & Dog Law
  • Insurance Claims
  • Products Liability
  • Elder Law
  • Nursing Home Abuse
  • Civil Rights
  • Legal Malpractice
  • Medical Malpractice
  • Free Consultation
    1 hour free
  • Contingent Fees
    Fees are 33 1/3% to 40%, depending on when the case is resolved. Fees for minors are set by the Court.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Law Offices of Todd Rash
- Current
Personal Injury, Products Liability, Road Defect, Slip and Fall, Molestation, Employment Law, Professional Malpractice, Excessive Force. Have recovered Millions and Millions for victims.
Black, Compean, Hall & Lenneman
Insurance Coverage and Bad Faith Litigation.
Clausen & Campbell
Insurance Defense, Insurance Coverage and Bad Faith.
Univ of North Dakota
Undergraduate Degree
Placeholder image for education.
Southwestern Univ School of Law
Law Degree
Placeholder image for education.
Dean Paul Wildman Scholarship
Southwestern University School of Law
Evidence Award
American Jurisprudence
Professional Associations
California State Bar  # 141220
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Websites & Blogs
Legal Answers
1902 Questions Answered

Q. I purchased a kellogg Eggo waffle and wife found a huge bite on unopened sealed packaging. What are the remedies here?
A: You can get a refund.
Q. Can i win this law suit?
A: Don't know why you want to fight with them. You can make a claim with your insurer and get your car promptly fixed. If your insurer recovers from the trucking company, you will get your deductible back. If you insist, get your car fixed, out of your own pocket, or at least get an estimate for repair from an actual body shop. Next, file suit in Small Claims. You can recover the cost of repair, plus loss of use while your car is unavailable. That is usually daily rental value of a similar vehicle. You can pursue theories of contract, negligence, bailment, and the Carmack Amendment. The Carmack Amendment applies when motor carriers and surface freight forwarders are required to issue receipts and bills of lading when procuring interstate transportation or transportation services. (49 U.S.C. §§ 14706, 13501). Carmack subjects a motor carrier transporting cargo in interstate commerce to absolute or strict liability for “actual loss or injury to property.” (Missouri Pacific R.R. Co. v. Elmore & Stahl 377 U.S. 134, 137 (1964)). To meet your burden of proof, you must only show that: (1) Goods were delivered to the carrier in good condition; (2) Goods arrived in damaged condition; and, (3) The specified amount of damages. Under the Carmack Amendment, it is the moving company's burden to establish that it was free from negligence and that damage was due to one of the excepted causes relieving the carrier of liability. (See American Nat’l Fire Ins. Co. ex rel. Tabacalera Contreras Cigar Co. v. Yellow Freight Systems, Inc., 325 F.3d 924 (7th Cir. 2003)). If your claim is successful, you can seek recovery of attorney fees (if any) under Campbell v. Allied Van Lines, Inc. 410 F.3d 618 (2005) and 49 U.S.C. section 14708(d).
Q. does an insurance company have to defend the boat owner even though he is not listed as an insured on the policy?
A: Potentially, since the title never changed. An attorney will need to review the policy and do a coverage analysis.
View More Answers
Contact & Map
3900 Market St
Riverside, CA 92501
Telephone: (951) 275-5297
Fax: (951) 275-9154
1111 N. Broadway
Santa Ana, CA 92701
Toll-Free: (714) 973-4892
Toggle tool

There are no recently viewed profiles.

There are no saved profiles.

There are no profiles to compare.

Select up to 3 lawyers.