V. John EllaEmployment and Non-Compete Attorney at Trepanier MacGillis Battina P.A.
- Employment Law, Business Law, Appeals & Appellate
I am a Minnesota employment law attorney (V. John Ella) practicing in the areas of employment defense, executive law, non-compete and trade secret litigation, breach of duty of loyalty litigation, tortious interference, executive compensation, stock options, defamation, employment contracts, employment agreements, handbooks, drug testing law, privacy law, commission claims, fraud, sexual harassment claims, employment and housing discrimination, ERISA benefits litigation, public accommodations under Title III of the Americans with Disabilities Act and state law, wage and hour compliance, whistleblower and Sarbanes-Oxley claims, professional licensing issues, appeals, manufacturer sales representative contracts, and closely-held corporation and partnership disputes. I am also available to serve as a private mediator and neutral investigator. I have obtained successful verdicts in jury trials and court trials in federal and state district courts in Minnesota and Iowa, and have appeared before the Minnesota Court of Appeals, the Minnesota Supreme Court, the 8th Circuit Court of Appeals and the Federal Circuit Court of Appeals. I have litigated non-compete disputes in Iowa, Florida, Minnesota, North Dakota and Wisconsin. I have authored well over one hundred articles or book chapters for various legal publications. I frequently lecture on the topics of workplace privacy and employee monitoring, executive law, common law fraud, tortious interference and other topics.
- Employment Law
- Employee Benefits, Employment Contracts, Employment Discrimination, ERISA, Overtime & Unpaid Wages, Sexual Harassment, Whistleblower, Wrongful Termination
- Business Law
- Business Contracts, Business Dissolution, Business Finance, Business Formation, Business Litigation, Franchising, Mergers & Acquisitions, Partnership & Shareholder Disputes
- Appeals & Appellate
- Civil Appeals, Federal Appeals
- Spanish: Spoken, Written
- Board Member
- Minnesota Board of Medical Practice
- University of Minnesota Law School
- J.D. (1994)
- Honors: cum laude
- Tufts University
- B.A. (1990) | International Relations
- Honors: Dean's List
- Minnesota State Bar  # 0249282
- Tortious Interference - The Triangular Tort
- V. John Ella
- Certified Information Privacy Professional
- International Association of Privacy Professionals
- Labor and Employment Law Specialist
- Minnesota State Bar Association
There are no recently viewed profiles.
There are no saved profiles.
There are no profiles to compare.