Free Consultation: (877) 293-1122Tap to Call This Lawyer
- Bankruptcy, Consumer Law
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&A
- Chapter 11 Bankruptcy, Chapter 13 Bankruptcy, Chapter 7 Bankruptcy, Debt Relief
- Consumer Law
- Class Action, Lemon Law
- Free Consultation
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
- University of Tulsa College of Law
- J.D. (2002)
- Top Contributor
- Oklahoma Bar Association  # 19509
15 Questions Answered
- Q. Can my bank withhold a vehicle title/lien release after I pay the loan off if I still owe them on a separate loan
- A: Possibly, if they have a cross collateral clause in your loan agreement with them on the separate loan. Most banks have cross collateral clauses in loan agreements that make it so all the collateral (the vehicle) securing one loan secures any other loans. If your loan has a cross collateral clause you would need to pay off both loans to get a lien release.
- Q. On FMLA Covid Mar & Nov, just diagnosed with congestive heart failure. Garnished Fri. Can't pay rent. Need file Chap 7
- A: You should contact a local bankruptcy attorney for a free initial consultation. Many bankruptcy attorneys also offer payment plans for Ch. 7 cases. Good luck.
- Q. I have 2 cars in my name and I'm married. Can I keep both?
- A: Under Oklahoma exemptions in a joint case where both spouses file bankruptcy each are able to exempt one car at a value of $7500 per vehicle. If there is a loan against a vehicle the equity should not exceed $7500 to be a protected asset.
Contact & Map
There are no recently viewed profiles.
There are no saved profiles.
There are no profiles to compare.