- Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
- Willis Holdings LimitedAcquisition of Hilb Rogal & Hobbs CompanyRepresented Willis Holdings Limited in its $2.1 billion acquisition of Hilb Rogal & Hobbs Company Providence Equity Partners, Inc.; Madison Dearborn Partners LLC; Saban Capital Group, Inc.; TPG Capital; THL PartnersAcquisition of Univision Communications Inc.Represented an investor group including Providence Equity Partners, Inc., Madison Dearborn Capital Partners LLC, Saban Capital Group, Inc., TPG Capital, and THL Partners in the $13.7 billion going private acquisition of Univision Communications Inc. Providence Equity Partners, Inc.Bid for Clear Channel Represented Providence Equity in its bid for Clear Channel Communications. Hughes Supply, Inc.Sale of Hughes Supply, Inc.Represented Hughes Supply, Inc. in its $3.47 billion sale to Home Depot Inc. Microsoft Corp.Proposed Joint Venture with AOLRepresented Microsoft Corp. in its proposed joint venture with AOL. Special Committee of the Board of Directors of Huntsman CorporationUnsolicited Offer for Huntsman CorporationRepresented the Special Committee of the Board of Directors of Huntsman Corporation in connection with an unsolicited $11 billion purchase proposal. Six Flags, Inc.Defense against Consolidation and Tender OfferRepresented Six Flags, Inc. in its defense against a consolidation and tender offer. UnitedHealth Group Inc.Merger of PacifiCare Health Systems Inc. Represented UnitedHealth Group Inc. in its $8.1 billion merger with PacifiCare Health Systems Inc. Whirlpool CorporationAcquisition of Maytag CorporationRepresented Whirlpool Corporation in its $2.7 billion acquisition of Maytag Corporation. General Electric CompanySale of GE Insurance Solutions Corporation Represented General Electric Company in its $8.5 billion sale of its insurance portfolio, GE Insurance Solutions Corporation including Employers Reinsurance Corporation (ERC), to Swiss Reinsurance Company. General Electric CompanyAcquisition of Vetco Gray Represented General Electric Company in the $1.9 billion acquisition of Vetco Gray. UnitedHealthInternal InvestigationRepresented UnitedHealth in its internal investigation of its option granting practices. McData CorporationMerger of McData Corporation and Brocade Communications Systems, Inc. Represented McData Corporation in its $713 million merger with Brocade Communications Systems, Inc. Florida Rock Industries Inc.Merger of Florida Rock Industries Inc.Represented Florida Rock Industries Inc. in its $4.6 billion merger with Vulcan Materials Co. Armstrong World Industries, Inc.Terminated Sale AuctionRepresented Armstrong World Industries, Inc. in a terminated sale auction. Affiliated Computer Services Inc.Proposed Sale of Affiliated Computer Services Inc.Represented the Special Committee of Affiliated Computer Services Inc. in the $5.9 billion proposed buyout of ACS by Darwin Deason (CEO of ACS) and Cerberus Capital Management LP. Unnamed BidderAcquisition of TXURepresented an unnamed bidder in its potential acquisition of TXU. Lone Star Technologies Sale of Lone Star TechnologiesRepresented Lone Star Technologies in its $2.1 billion sale to United States Steel Corp. MGM MirageProposed Sale of Bellagio Hotel and City Center by MGM MirageRepresented the Special Transactions Committee of the MGM Mirage Board of Directors in the potential sale by MGM Mirage of several properties, including the Bellagio Hotel and CityCenter development project in Las Vegas. Reuters Group plcBusiness Combination of Reuters Group plc with The Thomson CorporationRepresenting Reuters Group plc in its £8.7 billion business combination with The Thomson Corporation. Goldman Sachs Capital PartnersAcquisition of Alltel Corp.Representing Goldman Sachs Capital Partners in the $27.5 billion going private acquisition, with TPG Capital, of Alltel Corp. Getty Images IncAcquisition of Getty Images Representing Getty Images in connection with its $2.4 billion sale to Hellman & Friedman Welsh, Carson, Anderson & Stowe; Lee Equity Partners LLC; Perry Capital LLC; Union Square Partners Management LLC; Universal American Financial Corp.Acquisition of MemberHealth Inc.Represented Welsh, Carson, Anderson & Stowe, Lee Equity Partners LLC, Perry Capital LLC and Union Square Partners Management LLC in Universal American Financial Corp.'s $630 million acquisition of MemberHealth Inc. Capital Z PartnersBid for Universal American Financial Corp.Represented Capital Z Partners and Lee Equity Partners in their bid to take private Universal American Financial Corp. MCI, Inc.Sale of MCI, Inc. (formerly Worldcom, Inc.)Represented MCI, Inc. (formerly Worldcom, Inc.) in its $10.632 billion sale to Verizon Communications, Inc.
- Georgetown University
- Georgetown University
- Effective and Ethical Crisis Management: A Guide For In-House Counsel Legal Departments (Dallas, Texas, May 7, 2008) American Airlines CLE Program
- Internal Investigations (Dallas, February 19, 2004) 26th Annual Conference on Securities Regulation and Business Law Problems.
- Whistle-blower Issues (Dallas, February 19, 2004) Moderator, 26th Annual Conference on Securities Regulation and Business Law Problems.
- 4th Annual Mergers and Acquisitions 2001 - Strategies for Making the Best Deals in Turbulent Times. "The Acquisition of TWA by American Airlines." (New York, NY, June 18, 2001)
- 15th Annual Major Aircraft and Airline Finance Event. Canadian Airline Investment Conference 2001," American Airlines Acquisition of TWA." (Toronto, June 11, 2001)
Websites & Blogs
Contact & Map