- International Law, Business Law, Arbitration & Mediation ...
- Connecticut, England and Wales (Solicitor), New York
Thomas is a co-founding partner of SavicFoley and managing partner of the firm’s London office. Thomas is a dual-qualified attorney and solicitor with substantial international, litigation, and investigation experience.
In London, Thomas advises clients on cross-border litigations, international dispute resolution issues, international law, US federal and state laws, UK and EU law, and assists on government investigations including advising participants. Thomas advises UK business establishing and conducting businesses and joint ventures in the US and abroad. He counsels businesses and individuals concerning contractual and business relationship disputes and is frequently sought for advice on jurisdictional questions, investigations, international law and human rights issues.
In New York, Thomas advises clients in complex litigation, often involving cross-border elements. Thomas has acted on matters involving issues such as fraud, breach of contract, tortious interference with contract, negligent misrepresentation, executive severance, and hostile work environment and harassment. Thomas also advises US business on UK and EU legal issues ranging from appropriate contractual formation to data and privacy standards and regulations.
Thomas served for ten years as a court lawyer and solicitor contracted to several departments of the UK Government including the Ministries of Justice and Defence in London. Thomas worked on several high profile and complex investigations and special proceedings including the Inquests into the deaths of Diana, Princess of Wales, and Dodi Al-Fayed, and the Baha Mousa and Al-Sweady Public Inquiries investigating allegations of human rights abuses in Iraq. Thomas was the first US citizen to serve as a judicial assistant and lawyer to the Court of Appeal of England and Wales during which time he managed appeals and applications in civil and family law cases and served as legal assistant to the Head of International Family Law.
- International Law
- Business Law
- Business Contracts, Business Dissolution, Business Formation, Business Litigation, Partnership & Shareholder Disputes
- Arbitration & Mediation
- Business Arbitration
- Employment Law
- Employment Contracts, Employment Discrimination, Sexual Harassment, Whistleblower, Wrongful Termination
- Appeals & Appellate
- Civil Appeals, Federal Appeals
- Civil Rights
- Fair Housing, Privacy Law
- UK Law
- EU Law
- State of Connecticut Judicial Branch
- England and Wales (Solicitor)
- New York
- New York State Office of Court Administration
- English: Spoken, Written
- German: Spoken
- Maurice A. Deane School of Law at Hofstra University
- Managing Editor of the Family Court Review law journal and recognized for excellence in international law courses.
- State University of New York - College at Oswego
- Extending Comity to Foreign Decrees in International Custody Disputes Between Parents in The United States and Islamic Nations
- Family Court Review: An Interdisciplinary Journal
- SavicFoley P.C.
There are no recently viewed profiles.
There are no saved profiles.
There are no profiles to compare.