(410) 323-0900Tap to Call This Lawyer
Thomas C. ValkenetIn the courts of Maryland and D.C.
- Business Law, Construction Law, Insurance Defense ...
- District of Columbia, Maryland
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&A
I am a 30 year veteran of the Maryland and District of Columbia court systems.
- Business Law
- Business Contracts, Business Dissolution, Business Finance, Business Formation, Business Litigation, Franchising, Mergers & Acquisitions, Partnership & Shareholder Disputes
- Construction Law
- Construction Contracts, Construction Defects, Construction Liens, Construction Litigation
- Insurance Defense
- Maritime Law
- Real Estate Law
- Commercial Real Estate, Condominiums, Easements, Eminent Domain, Homeowners Association, Land Use & Zoning, Mortgages, Neighbor Disputes, Residential Real Estate, Water Law
Additional Practice Area
- General Civil
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
- District of Columbia
- U.S. Supreme Court
- University of Baltimore School of Law
- J.D. | Law
- Saint Anselm College
- B.A. | Political Science
- Maryland Professionalism Center, Inc.
- Instructor, Civil Litigation
- Activities: Newly admitted lawyers in Maryland must attend a course on Professionalism and ethics. Thomas is an instructor on civility and professionalism in civil litigation.
Articles & Publications
- Bow-riding, a reckless practice and already illegal in Maryland.
- Linkedin- Thomas C. Valkenet
- Trial Reporter, "The Limited Appearance in Maryland Civil Litigation"
- The Maryland Association for Justice
Websites & Blogs
- Young & Valkenet Law Library
Your legal season isn't over!
Justice can be yours.Contract and construction lawyers
Lawyer review before you sign can avoid contract disputes later.Do I have an enforceable deal?
Is your deal still enforceable.How to pick your Maryland lawyer!
How to pick a lawyer? The AV rating will help.
201 Questions Answered
- Q. I am a new real estate agent serving Maryland. Is the use of the word “Realty” prohibited in my business name?
- A: Welcome to the Club! I am also a licensed Maryland Broker, and our Law Firm owns a separate brokerage. You may use the word "Realty" in your entity name. Review the ethics rules of your local, State and National associations for how you may portray yourself. For instance, you mut belong to the National Association to be a "Realtor." Any other restrictions on your name depend on whether the Maryland Department of Assessments and Taxation say there is a similar conflicting name already registered. Good luck!
- Q. Contractor got money but never completed restaurant buildout
- A: If you think he has assets sufficient to satisfy your debt, consider a lawsuit in the courts. Depending on the amount to be claimed, you can sue in either the district or circuit courts. There are many causes of action for breach of a contract to provide construction services. You can also complete the work with a replacement contractor and sue for the increased completion cost. But construction matters are not easy, and litigation is not cheap. Be prepared to pay tens of thousands in fees to get your lawsuit to a point of decision or resolution by settlement.
- Q. Profile Case - Name on Deed not Mortgage. Trustee sold .Did not sign any paper work
- A: Maryland Volunteer Lawyer Services can help connect you to willing pro bono attorneys with some expertise in real property and mortgage matters. You can apply on-line by providing basic income information to see if you meet the income requirements. Good luck.
Contact & Map
There are no recently viewed profiles.
There are no saved profiles.
There are no profiles to compare.