Teresa L. Reichek

Teresa L. Reichek

  • Family Law, Divorce, Domestic Violence
  • New Jersey, Texas
Review This Lawyer
Client Reviews
Daniel McAteer September 23, 2022
She is incredibly diligent, efficient, and effective. I hired Teresa Reichek to work through my divorce. There were complications leading up to this that made getting a good attorney a necessity and I ended up with the best attorney. Miss Reichek was not just diligent but very thoughtful in handling how the events unfolded. She was always available and ready with the appropriate responses when I had questions. Her work was nothing short of exemplary and has actually led me to telling anyone who needs a family lawyer to contact the law firm she is with and I always mention her by name when I give those reviews because I want everyone to have the experience I had. Also I want to note the great work of her paralegal Sharon Smith who was also wonderful in all exchanges.
Claimed Lawyer ProfileOffers Video ConferencingQ&ASocial Media

Teresa L. Reichek, Esq. is an attorney at Weinberger Divorce and Family Law Group, L.L.C. Ms. Reichek exclusively concentrates her practice on family and matrimonial matters, including divorce, child custody, asset division, alimony, child support, domestic violence and related family matters.

Whether dealing with a child support modification or complex litigated divorce, Ms. Reichek uses her legal prowess and dedication to protect and guide her clients through their matters, keeping them completely informed about their rights and options at all times. Ms. Reichek aims to minimize this tension while working diligently to resolve her client’s matter through individualized attention and advice. Ms. Reichek is particularly sensitive to the needs of her clients’ children and helps protect their best interests.

Ms. Reichek will always advocate for low conflict settlement methods whenever possible. Should going before a judge be necessary, Ms. Reichek is a skilled litigator with a consummate reputation for zealously advocating for her clients in court.

Believing that every client deserves equal footing, Ms. Reichek has as extensive history in representing victims of domestic violence. She began her family court experience in New York assisting victims of domestic violence in their applications for Protective Orders. She continued on this path working in multiple non-profit agencies in Middlesex County, New Jersey where she continued her work in domestic violence trials, dissolution matters and all other areas of family law.

Ms. Reichek then took her skills to Texas, practicing primarily in Travis and Williamson Counties in the Austin suburbs assisting clients with divorces and Orders of Protection and volunteering with her local police department as a victim’s advocate.

Ms. Reichek received her Juris Doctorate from Hofstra University’s Maurice A. Deane School of Law and her Bachelor of Arts from The College of New Jersey (formerly Trenton State College).

Practice Areas
    Family Law
    Adoption, Child Custody, Child Support, Father's Rights, Paternity, Prenups & Marital Agreements, Restraining Orders, Same Sex Family Law
    Contested Divorce, Military Divorce, Property Division, Same Sex Divorce, Spousal Support & Alimony, Uncontested Divorce
    Domestic Violence
    Domestic Violence Restraining Orders, Victims Rights
Video Conferencing
  • Skype
  • Zoom
  • Microsoft Teams
  • WebEx
  • Credit Cards Accepted
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
New Jersey
New Jersey Courts
ID Number: 025852005
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
State Bar of Texas
ID Number: 24085547
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
Maurice A. Deane School of Law at Hofstra University
J.D. (2004) | Civil Litigation
Activities: Phi Alpha Delta, Hofstra Law Women
Maurice A. Deane School of Law at Hofstra University Logo
The College of New Jersey
B.S. (1998) | Law & Justice, English Literature
Activities: Circle K
Placeholder image for education.
Professional Associations
State Bar of New Jersey  # 025852005
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Burlington County Bar Association
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Websites & Blogs
Legal Answers
86 Questions Answered
Q. how to get custody established with a civil order that's in place ?
A: Thank you for your question. It sounds like there are several variables in your matter. A consent order for civil restraints is generally not entered without the consent of both parties. That being said, the best thing to do is have a consultation with an experienced family law attorney who can gather additional information from you and provide advice tailored to your situation.
Q. How much child support should I be getting?
A: Thank you for your question. Since your ex-husband is being evasive, you can force the issue and make him produce his tax returns provided it is in your original Marital Settlement Agreement by filing a motion. You can also include in the motion a request to recalculate child support. There are many factors that go into calculating child support, and additional information would be required from you to do so. Your best option is to consult with an experienced family law attorney who can give you your options and file a motion on your behalf if that is the option you choose to pursue.
Q. Can alimony stop if your ex has been living with another man for 5 years. She tells people they are married.
A: Hi, thank you for your question. I can see why this is very frustrating. In NJ, alimony can be reduced or terminated if the party receiving it can be shown to be "cohabitating" which means they have a shared financial life. They do not have to be officially living together, and many times both people maintain separate residences. You can seek relief by filing a motion. There are 8 factors that determine cohabitation. You don't have to prove all 8, but a Judge must consider them in deciding whether the relationship is the equivalent of a marriage. The factors are; intermingled finances, shared responsibility for living expenses, recognition of the relationship within the couple's family and social circle (social media posts are a good way to show this), living together and frequency of contact, shared household chores, whether the alimony recipient has an enforceable promise of support from another individual, the length of the relationship, any additional relevant evidence. This all comes from the Alimony Reform Act of 2014. There are a variety of ways to prove each of those factors. The best thing to do is to consult with an experienced family law attorney who will know exactly how to present your circumstances to the court to get the best outcome possible. You can also request counsel fees as part of your motion due to her intentional actions in trying to conceal her situation from you. There are no guarantees, but it is an appropriate request. Good luck!
View More Answers
Contact & Map
Weinberger Divorce and Family Law Group, L.L.C.
309 Fellowship Road, Suite 200
Mount Laurel, NJ 08054
Telephone: (856) 441-2000
Monday: 8:30 AM - 5:30 PM
Tuesday: 8:30 AM - 5:30 PM
Wednesday: 8:30 AM - 5:30 PM
Thursday: 8:30 AM - 5:30 PM
Friday: 8:30 AM - 5:30 PM
Saturday: Closed
Sunday: Closed (Today)
135 US 202/206, Suite 8
Bedminster, NJ 07921
Toggle tool

There are no recently viewed profiles.

There are no saved profiles.

There are no profiles to compare.