Free Consultation: (703) 691-4943Tap to Call This Lawyer
Tara  Candela R.N.

Tara Candela R.N.

  • Nursing Home Abuse, Medical Malpractice, Personal Injury ...
  • Virginia
Review This Lawyer
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

After spending a few years as a nurse, I opted to go to law school. I choose to pursue a law degree when I recognized a great need for nursing and patient advocacy. Patient safety and quality of care are passions of mine. During law school, I worked as an RN in a variety of roles and as a law clerk in a personal injury firm. In my case, because I was a trauma nurse, I felt that I was helping the same population while clerking at the law office – in a different, but equally rewarding way. I feel as though the legal profession is just as much of a “caring” profession as the nursing profession. Or so it should be. Because I wanted to advocate on a national level for the well-being of nurses and patients alike, I packed up and headed for the DC area only two days after my graduation. Since I have been in the area, I have worked as a nurse educator and have continued working towards a master’s in nursing with a focus on health care policy. I have been in the northern Virginia area since 2010, but have visited frequently over the years. In addition to representing and helping individuals solve legal problems, I have an interest in promoting policies designed to promote patient safety and to protect the rights of victims of medical malpractice.

Practice Areas
Nursing Home Abuse
Medical Malpractice
Birth Injury, Medical Misdiagnosis, Pharmacy Errors, Surgical Errors
Personal Injury
Animal & Dog Bites, Brain Injury, Car Accidents, Construction Accidents, Motorcycle Accidents, Premises Liability, Truck Accidents, Wrongful Death
Health Care Law
Insurance Claims
Bad Faith Insurance, Business Insurance, Disability Insurance, Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Motor Vehicle Insurance, Property Insurance
  • Free Consultation
    Case evaluations and consultations include review of medical records when necessary.
  • Credit Cards Accepted
  • Contingent Fees
  • Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
    Cost advance may be required. Costs may include filing fees, copies, expert witness fees, etc ...
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
Chamberlain College of Nursing
Masters of Science in Nursing - Health Policy (2014)
Honors: 4.0 GPA
Placeholder image for education.
Stetson University College of Law
J.D. (2010) | Certificate of Concentration in Advocacy
Honors: Cum Laude, Book Awards: Appellate Practice, Constitutional Litigation, and Advanced Torts.
Activities: Shadow Trial Team
Stetson University College of Law Logo
University of South Florida
BSN (2006)
University of South Florida Logo
St. Petersburg College
ADN (2004) | Nursing
Placeholder image for education.
Websites & Blogs
The Nurse Attorney Advantage
Legal Answers
3 Questions Answered
Q. In virginia if I have sole custody of a child do I have to go to court to change the previous order?
A: To have the order officially changed, yes. But unless there is something in the original order preventing your child from staying with his father, you could always test out your theory before making major changes. Seek a family law attorney out to evaluate the specifics of your case, and to give you the best guidance on how to go about addressing whatever change in circumstance has occurred before you do anything.
Q. Do you think I can get full rights of my daughter back?
A: You will have to show that there has been a substantial change in circumstances since the custody order was entered, and you will have to show that living with you is in your daughter's best interest. If you truly believe it's in your daughter's best interest to live with you now, I encourage you to find an attorney to help you. While planning for this change, do everything in your power to remain rational and do not let the poor conduct of others influence your reactions.

Best wishes,

Q. I'm owed 47,000 and the guy wrote me a bad check for 6500. What can I do? How do I file in circuit court?
A: You will need to file in Circuit Court due to the amount. Some court websites have a great deal of information to assist the public with filing. You can try to look there first, or contact an attorney for assistance. Unfortunately, if this guy wrote you a bad check for $6500, you may have some trouble collecting on the judgment even after you get one. But it might be possible to obtain a wage garnishment of some sort, but in any event you'll need the judgment first. Good luck to you!
View More Answers
Contact & Map
Alexandria , VA, USA
Telephone: (703) 691-4943
Toggle tool

There are no recently viewed profiles.

There are no saved profiles.

There are no profiles to compare.