Free Consultation: (703) 831-7707Tap to Call This Lawyer
Steven Krieger

Steven Krieger

Practical Solutions. Honest Advice. For Everyone.
  • Landlord Tenant, Consumer Law, Construction Law ...
  • District of Columbia, Virginia
Review This Lawyer
Legal Knowledge
Legal Analysis
Communication Skills
Ethics and Professionalism
Michael C Forster
Reviewed by Michael C Forster June 23, 2020
Rating: 10 Justia Lawyer Rating - 10 out of 10
I have known Steven for a while and his professionalism and advocacy for clients is top notch.
Reviewed by Johnathan H. April 22, 2021
Great service
Mr. Krieger provided excellent service helping my family. He was extremely professional and very straight forward about the outcome we could possibly expect. Long story short, his professionalism and talent awarded us the outcome we expected! I would not hesitate to utilize his services again for any legal matter.
Reviewed by Tunde O. March 27, 2021
Need help? He is your man
I had a situation with a subrogation claim from my apartment insurance. I had no idea what to do, how to proceed, or even if there was a chance to fight the claim. I searched online and there he was. He was able to take his time, review the subrogation claim, gave me a fighting chance at least. He was willing to assist and offer advice in any way possible. If you are ever in need of help, looking for a good lawyer who is willing to assist in the DMV area, I highly suggest giving him a call and you won't be disappointed.
Claimed Lawyer ProfileOffers Video ConferencingQ&ASocial Media

We understand that finding the right attorney is critical and would welcome the opportunity to assess your situation, answer your questions, and explain our ability to help -- even if that means helping you find an attorney with more expertise related to your legal matter. We believe that everyone should have access to legal counsel.

We specialize in Residential Zoning, Consumer Protection Law, H-1B visa wage disputes, and Guardianship matters, but would be delighted to speak with you about any legal matter.

Each legal matter is unique and requires an individualized approach, specialized expertise, and an ability to adapt to external conditions. Whether your issue requires a few hours of our attention or a few years, we will always work to give you practical solutions and honest advice.

Practical Solutions
To determine the most practical solution, we help you analyze the following factors to determine the optimal way to proceed:
1) Harm you suffered (your damages);
2) Likelihood you will win (the merits of your case);
3) Cost to recover your damages (time, emotional, and financial); and
4) Likelihood of collecting your damages from the opposing party if you win.

Honest Advice
We expect you to rely on our experience, so you will always get an honest answer. If your case looks very promising, that is what we will tell you. If your case looks to be very challenging, that is what we will tell you. Most cases are somewhere in the middle, so we will help you assess your situation.

For Everyone
Too often, people forgo adequate legal counsel because they cannot find an appropriate counselor to help them navigate our legal system. No legal matter is trivial -- especially if this is your first substantial encounter with our legal system. If you think we may be able to assist you, please contact us. Even if you are fairly certain that your legal matter is outside of our practice areas, we are willing to help you find a qualified attorney.

Client Bill of Rights
-If you were wronged, it should be made right, and we will help you.
-We will give you honest answers and advice, but the decision is ultimately yours.
-Our communication with you will be in plain English with minimal legal jargon.
-Every client gets our best effort -- there are no "small" clients.
-We understand that your legal matter is the most important legal matter to you, whether damages are $100 or $100,000.
-If we cannot assist you, we will attempt to refer you to someone who can.
-Everyone should have access to our justice system.

Practice Areas
    Landlord Tenant
    Evictions, Housing Discrimination, Landlord Rights, Rent Control, Tenants' Rights
    Consumer Law
    Class Action, Lemon Law
    Construction Law
    Construction Contracts, Construction Defects, Construction Liens, Construction Litigation
    Family Law
    Adoption, Child Custody, Child Support, Father's Rights, Guardianship & Conservatorship, Paternity, Prenups & Marital Agreements, Restraining Orders, Same Sex Family Law
    Immigration Law
    Asylum, Citizenship, Deportation Defense, Family Visas, Green Cards, Immigration Appeals, Investment Visas, Marriage & Fiancé(e) Visas, Student Visas, Visitor Visas, Work Visas
Video Conferencing
  • Google Hangouts
  • Skype
  • Zoom
  • Free Consultation
  • Contingent Fees
  • Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
    Rates: $1-$500 per hour. Retainer is usually required.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
District of Columbia
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Managing Attorney
Steven Krieger Law, PLLC
- Current
UCLA School of Law
UCLA School of Law Logo
University of Michigan - Ann Arbor
University of Michigan - Ann Arbor Logo
Top Attorney
Clients' Choice
Top Lawyer - Civil Litigation
Legal Elite
D.C. License
District of Columbia Bar
Virginia License
Virginia State Bar
Websites & Blogs
Steven Krieger Law Website
Steven Krieger Law Blog
Legal Answers
67 Questions Answered
Q. Landlord sent certified letter saying she sold the property and wants us to move out. Am only 1 1/2 years into 3yr lease
A: Selling a property is not a reason to terminate a lease unless there is a specific provision in the lease agreement, so I don't believe you have to leave. If you want to leave early, it sounds like the landlord is willing to agree to a release and maybe even pay you to leave, but if you want to stay that is your choice. I'm sure anyone who responds would be happy to help if you decide to hire a lawyer. Good luck.
Q. Can I kick out a person renting a room from my home? No contract, violent tendencies, attempted suicide, current on ren
A: Unfortunately, not. You can give notice and end the month to month tenancy and then file for eviction with the courts, but you can't simply change the locks. If you decide to hire a lawyer to help, I'm sure anyone who responds would be happy to help. Good luck.
Q. Can my landlord hold me responsible for paying rent until a replacement tenant is found?
A: No, if your lease ends, your obligation to pay rent ends too -- assuming you gave proper notice to end the lease if that's required.
View More Answers
Contact & Map
Steven Krieger Law, PLLC
2200 Wilson Blvd.
Suite 102
Arlington, VA 22201
Telephone: (703) 831-7707
Toggle tool

There are no recently viewed profiles.

There are no saved profiles.

There are no profiles to compare.