Steven KriegerPractical Solutions. Honest Advice. For Everyone.
- Landlord Tenant, Consumer Law, Construction Law ...
- District of Columbia, Virginia
We understand that finding the right attorney is critical and would welcome the opportunity to assess your situation, answer your questions, and explain our ability to help -- even if that means helping you find an attorney with more expertise related to your legal matter. We believe that everyone should have access to legal counsel.
We specialize in Residential Zoning, Consumer Protection Law, H-1B visa wage disputes, and Guardianship matters, but would be delighted to speak with you about any legal matter.
Each legal matter is unique and requires an individualized approach, specialized expertise, and an ability to adapt to external conditions. Whether your issue requires a few hours of our attention or a few years, we will always work to give you practical solutions and honest advice.
To determine the most practical solution, we help you analyze the following factors to determine the optimal way to proceed:
1) Harm you suffered (your damages);
2) Likelihood you will win (the merits of your case);
3) Cost to recover your damages (time, emotional, and financial); and
4) Likelihood of collecting your damages from the opposing party if you win.
We expect you to rely on our experience, so you will always get an honest answer. If your case looks very promising, that is what we will tell you. If your case looks to be very challenging, that is what we will tell you. Most cases are somewhere in the middle, so we will help you assess your situation.
Too often, people forgo adequate legal counsel because they cannot find an appropriate counselor to help them navigate our legal system. No legal matter is trivial -- especially if this is your first substantial encounter with our legal system. If you think we may be able to assist you, please contact us. Even if you are fairly certain that your legal matter is outside of our practice areas, we are willing to help you find a qualified attorney.
Client Bill of Rights
-If you were wronged, it should be made right, and we will help you.
-We will give you honest answers and advice, but the decision is ultimately yours.
-Our communication with you will be in plain English with minimal legal jargon.
-Every client gets our best effort -- there are no "small" clients.
-We understand that your legal matter is the most important legal matter to you, whether damages are $100 or $100,000.
-If we cannot assist you, we will attempt to refer you to someone who can.
-Everyone should have access to our justice system.
- Landlord Tenant
- Evictions, Housing Discrimination, Landlord Rights, Rent Control, Tenants' Rights
- Consumer Law
- Class Action, Lemon Law
- Construction Law
- Construction Contracts, Construction Defects, Construction Liens, Construction Litigation
- Family Law
- Adoption, Child Custody, Child Support, Father's Rights, Guardianship & Conservatorship, Paternity, Prenups & Marital Agreements, Restraining Orders, Same Sex Family Law
- Immigration Law
- Asylum, Citizenship, Deportation Defense, Family Visas, Green Cards, Immigration Appeals, Investment Visas, Marriage & Fiancé(e) Visas, Student Visas, Visitor Visas, Work Visas
- Google Meet
- Free Consultation
- Contingent Fees
Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
Rates: $1-$500 per hour. Retainer is usually required.
- District of Columbia
- English: Spoken, Written
- Managing Attorney
- Steven Krieger Law, PLLC
- - Current
- UCLA School of Law
- University of Michigan - Ann Arbor
- Top Attorney
- Clients' Choice
- Top Lawyer - Civil Litigation
- Legal Elite
- Do “Tough on Crime” Politicians Win More Elections? An Empirical Analysis of California State Legislators from 1992 to 2000
- Creighton Law Review 131
- D.C. License
- District of Columbia Bar
- Virginia License
- Virginia State Bar
- Q. I bought a house that clearly stated in the listing “hardwood floors are throughout the home under the existing carpet”
- A: Yes, it sounds like there was a misrepresentation re the hardwood floors, so you may have a valid VCPA claim. I'm sure anyone who responds would be happy to help if you decide to hire a lawyer. Good luck.
- Q. We took our rv in for repair last fall. Guy kept saying backed up/ needed more time etc. He is now avoiding us.
- A: At this point, I think you have to send a letter through a law firm or file a lawsuit. Hopefully, the RV is still at the property, but you really have no way of knowing (unless you can see it through the gate). I'm sure anyone who responds would be happy to help if you decide to retain a firm. Good luck.
- Q. If a tenant negligently damages my rental house, can I charge them full replacement cost?
- A: It really depends on whether the items can be repairs and the condition of the items before the tenancy. If they can't be repaired and only replaced, then replacement is fine. If they were in excellent condition before and repair is not possible, then replacement could be justified. It's a sliding scale. If you decide to hire a lawyer, I'm sure anyone who responds would be happy to help. Good luck.
There are no recently viewed profiles.
There are no saved profiles.
There are no profiles to compare.