Free Consultation: (920) 743-2129Tap to Call This Lawyer
Stephen Pleck Johnson

Stephen Pleck Johnson

Law Office
  • DUI & DWI, Criminal Law, Traffic Tickets
  • Eastern District-Wisconsin, Western District-Wisconsin, Wisconsin
Rate This Lawyer
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

Active Scout leader and Council Board member, Elderly Housing Board, Local party treasurer, Radio broadcasting board member. Past Red Cross Chapter President and Water Safety Chair and WSIT. Concentrate in Criminal Law, Probate, Real Estate and General Practice.

Practice Areas
  • DUI & DWI
  • Criminal Law
  • Traffic Tickets
  • Free Consultation
    Phone calls are free consultations.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Eastern District-Wisconsin
Western District-Wisconsin
7th Circuit
U.S. Supreme Court
  • English: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Real Estate Title Agent - Wisconsin
Law Office
- Current
Serving Kewaunee County, including Algoma, Kewaunee and Luxemburg, and communities in Door County, Wisconsin, including Sturgeon Bay, Brussels, Ephraim, Fish Creek, Egg Harbor, Sister Bay, Ellison Bay and Washington Island
University of Wisconsin - Madison
J.D. | Law Degree
Activities: Chancellors Committee on Student Activities Student Faculty Financial Aids Committee Wisconsin Student Association, Senator Dist. 10
University of Wisconsin - Madison
B.S. | Natural Sciences (Education), biology
Pro Bono Award
State Bar of Wisconsin
Bovay Award
Republican Party of Wisconsin
State Party Lfetime of service award sponsored by the 8th Congressional District Republican Party.
Pro Bono Award
State Bar of Wisconsin
Sate attorney award.
Pro Bono Award
State Bar of Wisconsin
Professional Associations
Door County Legal Aid Society # 1014880
Active Panel member
- Current
Door County Bar Association
- Current
Door County Bar Association
Speaking Engagements
Ancillary Probate Outside Short Form, Quarterly Joint Bar Meeting, Alaskan Motor Inn, Alaska, Wisconsin
Door Kewaunee Bar Association
state public defender
Wisconsin State Public Defender
Websites & Blogs
Legal Answers
28 Questions Answered

Q. There's a guy messaging me saying vulgure things about my fiance ...i asked him to stop and he wouldn't what should I do
A: There are many avenues for you to try, most not really requiring a lawyer. You do not want to intensify the situation. You could try getting a harrassment injunction in Wisconsin--see your Clerk of Courts. You could call the police or sheriffs dept. There is a fine for telephone harassment. i don't know about emailing. Better course would be change your phone number or account and of course never answering the comments. I would seek some sort of counselor on the best course for you.
Q. Wanting a felony expunged in Wisconsin. Convicted last year at age 32 crime occurred 8 years previously.
A: Have to 25 years old or less and judgment of conviction at sentencing references that possibility. Age, and, if not requested at initial sentencing you may be ineligible. Bring more specifics to a Wisconsin attorney. It could work.
Q. If the jail marked "released" in my file, am I still looking at jail time?
A: You have to do the jail time or use up credit if you were in jail before bailed out. Contact the jailer immediately. Do not assume you have done the time. You can face additional charges if you make a mistake or assumption here. See a lawyer if need be, NOW.
Q. I was told to get my anger management class done and to come back with my ged I was woundering if I actually half to
A: Not enough information. if you are on probation and those are conditions, you can't get off probation until that is done. There might have been an imposed and stayed jail sentence which could send you to jail for non compliance. See you original attorney or consult one. Bring your conviction status report or judgement of conviction with you. Good Luck.
Q. Can Green Bay, WI charge a person for a crime that happened in another state even after that state dropped charges?
A: Sometimes a crime will have a nexus in two different states, so the answer is yes. The dropping of the charge in one state is not determinative here. Perhaps the state of Wisconsin was the preferred juirisdiction. Sounds like a federal offense is also possible. Not enough information to speculate more.
Q. Son recently turned 18, charged retail theft over $2000. Can they return stolen items to drop charges?
A: Probably not. Might have to plea, but due to his age his attorney should ask at sentencing for the ability to ask for expungement later which might be better than dropping charges, because it then can be wiped off CCAP. Must plead to all charges however and none dropped for it to work.
Q. Can a probation officer force you to quit a job
A: You don't reveal your crime of conviction. The bar may have everything to do with the request to quit. Don't kid yourself. They can revoke you or request alternatives to revocation. Do you work regular hours. How long have you had the job. Not enough information.
Q. A friend of mine did retail theft in the of $1,200 he has a clean record will he get jail time? He’s 19
A: Yes, but probably not. He should at the minimum, at sentencing, ask for the chance for future expungement.
Q. i was attacked by son at my newly purchased home, he calls cops , i get charged with domestic abuse. Last seen him 2 yrs
A: I do not see a question. Miranda rights are read so any statement you make can be included in the case. Perhaps your first two answers can be excluded. Is the charge disorderly conduct? I think you should see an attorney and get discovery.
Click here to see all answers
Social Media
Contact & Map
Steve Johnson Law Office
54 E. Oak Street
Sturgeon Bay, WI 54235-2722
Telephone: (920) 743-2129