Stephen F. BantaLaw Offices of Stephen F. Banta, P.L.L.C.
- Bankruptcy, Business Law, Employment Law ...
Steve Banta is of counsel to the Arizona office of Lockhart Park, LLP. He was born and raised in Payson, Arizona and has made the Phoenix area his home since 1987. He attended the University of Arizona and received a B.S. in Animal Sciences in 1993. He received his Juris Doctorate in 2000 from the University of Arizona College of Law.
Mr. Banta’s legal career began with Lewis and Roca, LLP in Phoenix, where he was trained in, among other things, commercial litigation, insurance and construction litigation. Today he similar focuses his practice on litigation matters, with a special emphasis on insurance, employment, construction and general liability defense. He recently obtained a directed verdict for the defense during a jury trial on a $7,000,000 breach of contract claim.
Steve works closely with Managing Partner Bob Lockhart to aggressively defend the firm’s clients through arbitration and trial in both state and federal courts throughout Arizona.
- Chapter 11 Bankruptcy, Chapter 13 Bankruptcy, Chapter 7 Bankruptcy, Debt Relief
- Business Law
- Business Contracts, Business Dissolution, Business Finance, Business Formation, Business Litigation, Franchising, Mergers & Acquisitions, Partnership & Shareholder Disputes
- Employment Law
- Employee Benefits, Employment Contracts, Employment Discrimination, ERISA, Overtime & Unpaid Wages, Sexual Harassment, Whistleblower, Wrongful Termination
- Personal Injury
- Animal & Dog Bites, Brain Injury, Car Accidents, Construction Accidents, Motorcycle Accidents, Premises Liability, Truck Accidents, Wrongful Death
- Insurance Defense
- Construction Law
- Construction Contracts, Construction Defects, Construction Liens, Construction Litigation
- Credit Cards Accepted
Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
- English: Spoken, Written
- Law Offices of Stephen F. Banta, P.L.L.C.
- - Current
- Of Counsel
- Lockhart Park, LLP
- Lewis and Roca, LLP
- U OF A
- James E. Rogers College of Law, University of Arizona
- Activities: Articles Editor, Arizona Law Review
- University of Arizona
- B.S. | Animal Science
- Arizona State Bar
- Q. Can a home based consulting business and a seperate delivery business be under the same LLC if ran by one person?
- A: Yes, but it is not ideal. Why not spend a little extra money and form another LLC?
- Q. I was under Physican Medical Care, My employer sent a certified Dismissal letter to home,dismissing me. Can they do that
- A: It really depends on the particular circumstances of your situation, but since Arizona is an "at will" employment state, the answer is probably yes. You should talk to an employment attorney who will give you a free consultation.
- Q. CAN I FILE BANK RUPTCY WHILE EMPLOYED
- A: Yes, you can file for bankruptcy while you are employed. If your gross salary is above a certain threshold (based on family size), you may be prevented from filing a Chapter 7 bankruptcy and have to file a Chapter 13 bankruptcy. Find a bankruptcy lawyer who will give you a free consultation.
There are no recently viewed profiles.
There are no saved profiles.
There are no profiles to compare.