Free Consultation: (210) 227-0606Tap to Call This Lawyer
Stephen A. Nicholas

Stephen A. Nicholas

The Law Office of Stephen Nicholas
  • Criminal Law, Divorce, Family Law
  • Texas
Review This Lawyer
Claimed Lawyer ProfileOffers Video ChatQ&ASocial MediaResponsive Law

Since May of 1984, I have been helping people in trouble with criminal law problems, DUI/DWI problems, and family law problems. I am licensed in State and Federal Court, and by the U.S. Supreme Court. I will see a person with a problem in any one of these areas, usually, on the same day as I am contacted. My fees are charged based on the seriousness of the problem, what needs to be done, and taking into account the person's ability to pay. My consultations are free, with no obligation, and will take as much time as necessary to determine the best path forward to a successful resolution.

Practice Areas
  • Criminal Law
  • Divorce
  • Family Law
Additional Practice Area
  • DWI/DUI Practice Center
Video Chat and Conferencing
  • Google Hangouts
  • Skype
  • Microsoft Teams
  • Free Consultation
    Consultations will take as much time as necessary to determine the best path to pursue for the best resolution of the situation.
  • Credit Cards Accepted
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Law Office of Stephen Nicholas
Carabin & Shaw
Malaise, Davis & Nicholas
Staff Attorney
Nicholas & Barrera
Assistant District Attorney
Bexar County District Attorney's Office
Staff Attorney
Nicholas & Barrera
United States Magistrate Court
Criminal Investigator
Bexar County District Attorney's Office
St. Mary's University School of Law
J.D. | Law
St. Mary's University School of Law Logo
Trinity University, San Antonio, Texas
Honors: Maintaining Member of the College of the State Bar of Texas
Placeholder image for education.
Professional Associations
Texas State Bar  # 14991600
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Websites & Blogs
Legal Answers
4 Questions Answered

Q. My boyfriend was charged with a gram of dabs and blamed for firearm that wasn’t his he turned himself in what happens
A: I agree with the other answers and emphasize that he needs a criminal defense lawyer on board to help him through this situation. The court will appoint him one, if he is indigent. Best of Luck!
Q. What are my options? What can I do?
A: Not really a family law question but, my advice would be to call the company & ask why you were sent the w-2. Best of Luck!
Q. Miranda Rights read but person wasn't arrested.
A: Whether or not it's normal depends on the type of investigation being conducted. The purpose of "Miranda" is to warn the person, before they make any statements in response to police interrogation, the answers to which tend to be incriminating, that they have the right to not answer any questions, that their answers, should they choose to answer, will be held against them in later court proceedings, that they have a right to have a lawyer present and if they cannot afford one, the court will appoint one for them, that they have a right to have that lawyer present during any police questioning, and that the rights just stated are continuing and may be urged at any time. This is just a general survey of the "Miranda" warnings, and comes into play when incriminating statements are made in response to police interrogation. If the person agrees that they understand the "Miranda" warning, then their statements in response to police questioning, later become admissible, should they subsequently be charged. It's neither normal or abnormal for police to question someone after reading them the "Miranda" warnings, and not arrest them until a later date. It just depends on the type of investigation being conducted. I hope I have helped you and not been confusing. I hope the person has retained an experienced criminal defense lawyer to assist them. Best of Luck!
View More Answers
Contact & Map
Law Office of Stephen Nicholas
101 Stumberg
San Antonio, TX 78204
Telephone: (210) 227-0606
Cell: (210) 710-6527
Toggle tool

There are no recently viewed profiles.

There are no saved profiles.

There are no profiles to compare.