Free Consultation: (360) 526-8191Tap to Call This Lawyer
Stan Glisson

Stan Glisson

Glisson & Morris
  • Criminal Law, DUI & DWI, Personal Injury ...
  • Washington
Review This Lawyer
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

Kitsap County attorney Stan Glisson is a former public defender and former county deputy prosecuting attorney. He has more than two decades of experience with jury trials and litigation and this in-depth knowledge benefits every case he takes on. From DUI to complex white collar crimes, Attorney Glisson puts care and attention into every matter, helping clients reach outcomes that protect their rights, their reputation, and their freedom. He is licensed to practice law in Washington State, Federal District Courts, and Suquamish Tribal Court. To discuss your case, learn more about Stan Glisson’s practice, and find out how he may be able to help you, call Glisson & Morris to schedule a consultation.

Practice Areas
    Criminal Law
    Criminal Appeals, Drug Crimes, Expungement, Fraud, Gun Crimes, Internet Crimes, Sex Crimes, Theft, Violent Crimes
    DUI & DWI
    Personal Injury
    Animal & Dog Bites, Brain Injury, Car Accidents, Construction Accidents, Motorcycle Accidents, Premises Liability, Truck Accidents, Wrongful Death
    Insurance Claims
    Bad Faith Insurance, Business Insurance, Disability Insurance, Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Motor Vehicle Insurance, Property Insurance
    Traffic Tickets
    Suspended License
  • Free Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
  • Contingent Fees
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
Federal District Court, Western District of Washington
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English
Professional Experience
Glisson & Morris
- Current
Glisson, Witt & Altman
Deputy Prosecutor
Kitsap County Prosecutor's Office
University of Washington School of Law
University of Washington School of Law Logo
University of Alaska - Fairbanks
B.A. (1994)
University of Alaska - Fairbanks Logo
Rising Star
Washington Law and Politics
40 Under Forty
Kitsap Peninsula Business Journal
Professional Associations
Kitsap County Bar Association
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Washington State Bar  # 28323
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Speaking Engagements
Impaired Driving, Gig Harbor Criminal Justice Summit, Gig Harbor, WA
Criminal Law: Jury Selection, Openings & Closings, Litigation Basics for the General Practitioner, Seattle, WA
Websites & Blogs
Legal Answers
184 Questions Answered
Q. Will a vehicular assault charge always disqualify you from working with children/vulnerable adults? Other jobs?
A: Most times Vehicular Assault would be eligible to vacate after ten years. You might want to consult with an attorney to see if you are eligible. It's not a "crime against persons" so in most contexts wouldn't be an automatic disqualification. But certainly would look bad to potential employers, so if it is eligible to vacate that is probably your best option. If you have an agency in mind that you want to work for, maybe a good idea to speak to their HR department prior to applying to find out exactly what history would disqualify you?
Q. Is there anyone that can help me to settle my claim for an accident caused by a drunk driver in Washington State?
A: Of course, there are many attorneys who can assist. I don't do these personally, but if you want to call or email I'd be happy to make some referrals. Otherwise, you can google search and I'm sure you could find someone. Documenting your financial losses, as you have done, is extremely helpful in getting your case resolved. Unfortunately many insurance companies just won't come to the table with a legitimate offer until an attorney is on board, particularly one with a reputation for doing good work for their clients.
Q. If you get pulled over for speeding by Washington state patrol and they admit to driving 10 mph over can they ticket you
A: Keep an eye on the time to respond, it is probably two weeks, not three. There is no harm in requesting a contested hearing and investigating your options, but you will not get a public defender for a speeding ticket. You'll either fight it on your own or hire a lawyer, the court will not provide one for you. Finally, the speed measurement from your app is not likely to be considered by the judge; the result of any speed measuring device is only admissible if proper foundation is laid for its reliability. Consult the WA court infraction rules for the details.
View More Answers
Contact & Map
Glisson & Morris
623 Dwight Street
Port Orchard, WA 98366
Telephone: (360) 526-8191
Fax: (360) 519-3511
Toggle tool

There are no recently viewed profiles.

There are no saved profiles.

There are no profiles to compare.