Free Consultation: (949) 416-3575Tap to Call This Lawyer
Shawna Murray

Shawna Murray

  • Estate Planning, Family Law, Bankruptcy ...
  • California
Review This Lawyer
Claimed Lawyer ProfileOffers Video ConferencingQ&ASocial MediaResponsive Law

It is my goal is to provide my clients with outstanding legal representation. To accomplish that, I seek to: (1) take the time necessary to understand your personal circumstances, needs, goals, and concerns; (2) be well-informed of new developments in the law and how those developments affect you; (3) utilize the most suitable, efficient, and cost-effective strategies to accomplish your objectives; and (4) provide you the peace of mind that you have hired an attentive, responsive and compassionate attorney to help you through difficult times.

I treat my clients like family, protecting their interests as if they were my own, and making sound recommendations to help them accomplish their legal goals. I am grateful for the opportunity to make a positive difference in your life.

I aspire to foster long-term relationships with my clients, so you will find that I am very accessible. I answer my own email & text messages and respond promptly. I return phone calls within 24-hours. To consistently provide outstanding legal service to you, I will draft your documents myself and I will not the pass legal work on to a paralegal. I take pride in offering you personalized service that is nearly impossible to find with a larger law firm.

Practice Areas
    Estate Planning
    Guardianship & Conservatorship Estate Administration, Health Care Directives, Trusts, Wills
    Family Law
    Adoption, Child Custody, Child Support, Father's Rights, Guardianship & Conservatorship, Paternity, Prenups & Marital Agreements, Restraining Orders, Same Sex Family Law
    Chapter 11 Bankruptcy, Chapter 13 Bankruptcy, Chapter 7 Bankruptcy, Debt Relief
    Probate Administration, Probate Litigation, Will Contests
Video Conferencing
  • Google Meet
  • Zoom
  • Free Consultation
    Free consultation, up to 30 minutes.
  • Credit Cards Accepted
  • Contingent Fees
    For probate cases only.
  • Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
    Most services are flat fees.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
9th Circuit
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English: Spoken, Written
Southwestern University School of Law
Southwestern University School of Law Logo
University of California - Los Angeles
University of California - Los Angeles Logo
Professional Associations
State Bar of California  # 250479
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Articles & Publications
Shawna Murray Law Blog
Websites & Blogs
Legal Answers
53 Questions Answered
Q. My ex husband stopped making spousal support payments in April. What Can I do?
A: You may need to take your ex-spouse to court and you should definitely consult an attorney about this issue because long-term spousal support is very complex. You could start by reaching out to your ex-husband and making sure he knows where to send you his spousal support checks. While his unemployment and retirement don't automatically give him the ability to stop paying (unless that is in your divorce judgment), they can create a situation where he could go to court and get the spousal support terminated or reduced. So, I cannot recommend enough that you take your divorce judgment and get a consultation with an attorney.
Q. If I signed on my brothers will and he told after he passes to read it. The will was stolen by his son.
A: It is highly probable that your brother had his original will stolen because most attorneys no longer store originals for clients. Your brother should prepare a new will and store it where his son will not easily find it.

If your brother is already deceased, then the executor of his estate should have lodged the original will with the court within 30 days of death. You can view that will by going to the clerk’s office (currently this might require an advance appointment) because it is now a public record.
Q. A party provided false statements in a declaration in connection to a motion, what objections can I use?
A: You can object to each individual statement in numerous different ways. I highly recommend that you consult with an attorney to help you present the best responses.
View More Answers
Contact & Map
Office Address
Irvine, CA, USA
Telephone: (949) 416-3575
Monday: 9 AM - 9 PM (Today)
Tuesday: 9 AM - 9 PM
Wednesday: 9 AM - 9 PM
Thursday: 9 AM - 9 PM
Friday: 9 AM - 9 PM
Saturday: 9 AM - 9 PM
Sunday: 9 AM - 9 PM
Notice: Contact us to schedule a free 30-minute consult.
Toggle tool

There are no recently viewed profiles.

There are no saved profiles.

There are no profiles to compare.