Free Consultation: (619) 241-8530Tap to Call This Lawyer
Sergio G. Chaidez

Sergio G. Chaidez

Focused on debt relief, debt collection defense, and consumer protection
  • Consumer Law, Collections, Appeals & Appellate
  • California
Rate This Lawyer
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

Sergio G. Chaidez is an attorney who focuses on helping consumers and small business owners protect themselves and their families from predatory collection practices and fraud. He helps individuals empower themselves and defend themselves against harassment and unfair, abusive debt collection practices. He understands that anyone can fall on hard times and need help. Sergio G. Chaidez has defended hundreds of lawsuits and has helped consumers save millions. You have rights. Stand and Fight. Call or email today for your free consultation. 619-241-8530

Practice Areas
  • Consumer Law
  • Collections
  • Appeals & Appellate
  • Free Consultation
    one-time, 10 minute consultation.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
  • Spanish: Spoken
Professional Experience
Sergio G. Chaidez, Attorney at Law
- Current
I focus on helping individual consumers and small business owners gain relief from debt and predatory collection practices.
Of Counsel
The Fullman Firm, P.C.
- Current
Associate Attorney
The Fullman Firm, PC
Civil litigation in state court. Represented individuals and small businesses. Experience with trial, appeals, law and motion, mediation, and settlement conferences. Lead counsel on portfolio of litigation files. Admitted to Southern District of California.
University of California Hastings College of the Law
J.D. (2013) | Law
Activities: Teaching Assistant for the Legal Writing and Research Dept. Senior Articles Editor for Hastings Business Law Journal
California State University - Long Beach
B.A. (2008) | Political Science; International Studies
Honors: Cum Laude Honors. President's List. Dean's List.
Professional Associations
San Diego County Bar Association
- Current
State Bar of California # 294250
- Current
Websites & Blogs
Legal Answers
23 Questions Answered

Q. signed a coaching contract 2/16 but not able to pay due to illness caused by parasites and is being sued for remaining $
A: The terms of cancelling contained in the agreement are important. The terms about performing under the contract are also important. One would need to read those to see how they affect your case. However, you still may have the defense of frustration of purpose, meaning that an unforeseen event (your illness) had frustrated the purpose of the contract--that you receive coaching. This defense has problems, though, because you can wait until you recover from your illness and then receive the coaching. If you actually want to receive the coaching, then working it out so you receive the coaching when you are better may be a good solution. If the relationship has soured to the point where you cannot work with this person as your coach, then it might be a good idea to work out a settlement where you pay this person for the coaching you actually received and then call it even.
Q. I was in a car accident is 2012, come to find out I am being sued for 16,000 now. What do I do?
A: Hello. You need to defend against the lawsuit. If you were served with the lawsuit, then you have only a short amount of time to file a response with the court. You need to file a response to the lawsuit so you can defend yourself against the allegations and liability.
Q. Can a consumer sue a VOIP phone service provider for interfering with my ability to receive incoming phone calls?
A: Hello. Do you have a copy of the service agreement? You may possibly have a claim for breach of contracts, e.g., you promised to pay for voip service in exchange for their promise to provide service properly and let you keep your number if you changed service; you kept your promise, but they broke theirs. But you should check the service agreement to see if there's anything in there that lets them off the hook. You also should check if there is mandatory arbitration clause in there.
Q. Can the owner of an office building submit a false claim to a collection agency? Is this illegal?
A: If they intentionally misrepresented a material facts, then you may have a cause of action for fraud. Further, if they breached the lease agreement, and you have proof (e.g., emails, inspection reports, etc.), then you may be entitled to an off-set, or even damages. Further, if this is being reported on your credit reports, and the claim is false, then you have another cause of action there. Do some more research or confer with an attorney about drafting a letter to the property manager about these issues.
Q. My mom died 10 years ago and left no estate.Now that I inherited a home from my grandparents can Medi-Cal come after it?
A: They can try, but they should not succeed. They may not know what happened. Your grandfather's estate is not liable for your mother's debt, so they cannot collect against his estate. Now that it soon will be your property, you also are not liable to for your mother's debts (unless you expressly guaranteed her debts). Further, it being 12 years since her death, that should make it even more difficult for them to try to take property from you.
Q. Hello: for a car loan judment was filed against me in 2010 but now in 2016 bank filed judgment release - please explain
A: Did they collect against you already? If they released the judgment, it should mean the judgment was satisfied or paid off. Regarding the DMV, the judgment-creditor likely needs to file something with the DMV to inform them that the judgment has been satisfied. The DMV is not part of the court system or county recording system; they need to receive notice as well.
Q. Can a bank make a payment with my credit card without my permission to pay the mortgage on our house?
A: Unless you authorized them in your credit card or mortgage agreement to process that payment, then no. Bank contracts sometimes have clauses in them that say you authorize them to make certain payments on your behalf if certain conditions are met. This may be what happened. But you need to make sure. If that is not what happened, then you may have a cause of action against them.
Q. I had a court ordered judgement against me for a car loan in california. My employer is based out of state but i work
A: Yes, if your company maintains a presence in California (such as Human Resources or Payroll Dept.) or issues payment here using a California payroll processing company, then they can garnish your wages. You can try to settle the judgment, or if there is a problem with the judgment, you can attack the judgment in court.
Q. Is there anything I can do about a judgment against me even though I was never served papers?
A: Yes, there is something you can do. But you have to act quickly. The creditor must properly serve you with the lawsuit before it can get a judgment. If you never were served with the papers, and you did not learn of the lawsuit in time to defend, then you can try to vacate the judgement. Vacating the judgement "erases" the judgment and lets you defend yourself. To do so, you can file a motion, but you should act quickly.
Click here to see all answers
Social Media
Contact & Map
Sergio G. Chaidez, Attorney at Law
3401-A Adam Ave.
Suite 329
San Diego, CA 92116
Telephone: (619) 241-8530