Scott Richard KaufmanNational Association of Consumer Advocates
- Personal Injury, Consumer Law, Products Liability
I attended law school in my mid 30s after earning my degree in speech communications, traveling a bit, waiting on tables, running a small food business and teaching tennis for eight years. Translated, I had a bit of a life and a well developed personality and world outlook at law school, unlike so many "kids" who go straight out of college and learn only to fight. My job is to see your issues from the legal and non legal sides. I need to see how the other side thinks as well to end up with successful results.
I do not come from an ivory tower. I've been poor, very poor, for years, and whatever I have I have earned it on my own. Remembering that path and that climb is essential to everything I do, every day and why I fight for all that you deserve and usually try to get you a bit more than the law allows. That is why you will find excellent reviews out there on my practice. We strive to please in your time of need.
- Personal Injury
- Animal & Dog Bites, Brain Injury, Car Accidents, Construction Accidents, Motorcycle Accidents, Premises Liability, Truck Accidents, Wrongful Death
- Consumer Law
- Class Action, Lemon Law
- Products Liability
- Drugs & Medical Devices, Motor Vehicle Defects, Toxic Torts
- Lemon Law
- Contract Law
- Auto Fraud Law
- Free Consultation
In most of our matters we are able to get the other guy to pay your attorneys (us) in the matter.
- State Chair
- National Association of Consumer Advocates
- Univ of South Florida
- Undergraduate Degree
- Willamette Univ COL
- Law Degree
- California State Bar  # 190129
- - Current
Always inspect FIRST before buying a carFAQ used cars
Does the lemon law cover used cars?FAQ lemon definition
What exactly IS a Lemon?FAQ certified
Certified - CPO car. What are my rights?Extended Warranty
But they gave me an "extended" warranty?@%*!!Do I Need a Lemon Law Attorney?
Why you ALWAYS want an experienced Lemon Law attorney on your sideCustomer Satisfaction
A car manufacturer's idea of "customer satisfaction."I Made A Mistake I Bought A Lemon Jeep song by Teggy – Jeep Grand Cherokee, what a lemon!
Hysterical Jeep Lemon Video from Australia
- Q. I just sold my car to a company for scrap and I went to went to cash the check but it was no good.
- A: Sorry for your issues. The funds from the company should 'immediately' be good unless you had some other agreement with them. The bank saying the check was not in the system seems concerning. Monitor this closely, as the earlier you catch a fraudster, IF that is what happened here, the better chance you have to get your money.
- Q. A bill collector is pursuing a car loan I defaulted on twenty years ago. Is this passed the statute of limitations in CA
- A: Assuming you are in CA it is almost certainly beyond the SOL. As noted by Attorney Dorfman, it is possible for things via trick or otherwise, to change, including (I hear, not 100% sure) if you agree to pay (or actually pay) some portion of it? Also, it is not about the default on the loan but instead, about when/if they obtained judgment pursuant to that default. It is from that point, the judgment they are collecting upon, that the SOL runs...
- Q. Can a charged off loan continue to report late payment every month? It's been 4 years.
- A: So, charge off means essentially, they are no longer trying to collect or believe they can and then typically, they sell it to someone for pennies on the dollar, who specializes in collecting bad debts like this one. What it does not mean is that you no longer owe the money or that you no longer are late AND because it is a student loan, that is a special category of debt, that is WAY harder to ever get rid of, short of paying it...
There are no recently viewed profiles.
There are no saved profiles.
There are no profiles to compare.