Free Consultation: (214) 358-6060Tap to Call This Lawyer
S. Michael Graham

S. Michael Graham

  • Personal Injury, Workers' Compensation
  • Texas
Rate This Lawyer
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ALII GoldSocial Media

Since 1997 S. Michael Graham's law office has been devoted to zealously representing and protecting the legal rights of injured workers throughout the State of Texas. Mr. Graham became board by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization in the area of workers' compensation law in 2005. His office handles workers compensation cases from the administrative level all the way through trial by jury. Mr. Graham received his undergraduate degree from the University of Texas at Austin in 1987 and went on to receive his law degree from the University of Arkansas at Fayetteville in 1991. Mr. Graham is currently an active member of the Dallas Bar Association and the Texas Bar association.

Practice Areas
  • Personal Injury
  • Workers' Compensation
  • Free Consultation
    My office will give you an initial free phone consultation to evaluate your claim and advise you of your legal rights.
  • Contingent Fees
    In claims involving negligence for personal injury, my office will not collect a fee up front. We will prosecute your claim and obtain a fee when the claim is settled or tried to a verdict.
  • Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
    In workers' compensation claims, the lawyer's fee is paid out of the claimant's income benefits by the workers' compensation insurance. The attorney fee is not collected directly from the injured worker. Consult with attorney for more specific details on the fee arrangement.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
  • English: Spoken, Written
  • Spanish: Spoken
Professional Experience
The Injured Workers' Lawyer since 1997!
University of Arkansas - Fayetteville
J.D. | Law
Professional Associations
Texas Bar Association
Dallas Bar Association
Board Certified Workers' Compensation
Texas Board Of Legal Specialization
Websites & Blogs
Legal Answers
141 Questions Answered

Q. Advise on workers comp case needing to go to district court.. ombudsmen didn't file a timely appeal..
A: If you didn't get the appeal from your decision and order filed on time, you would have a very difficult time filing in district court. Also, if you lost at the administrative level (CCH), there are almost no attorneys that would be willing to take your case in district court since we have no way to be reimbursed for our services. Good Luck.
Q. Are you able to change jobs while seeking treatment under workers comp/Sedgwick?
A: If your claim is through the Texas Department of Insurance, Division of workers' compensation, you can change jobs without effecting your workers' comp. Your claim is with the Insurance Carrier and not the employer. However, before you change jobs you want to make certain that you actually have new employment. If the job falls through, you would have some trouble getting Sedgwick to pay you while you are still on restrictive duty. They would rightly argue your reason for not working would be because you quit your job. These are only the basic facts. If you have additional questions, please feel free to contact my law office or a qualified workers' compensation lawyer of your choice.
Q. I'm still on WC, and DR. care and restrictions have not got an MMI... Employer call said about FMLA is about to expire.
A: FMLA is based upon a federal statute that allows an individual to be off from work for 12 weeks and the employer cannot fire them "for being off work". After the 12 weeks expires, unless the company has a different policy, they can terminate your employment despite the fact that you are off for an injury. If you would like more information, feel free to contact my law office at 214-358-6060 or a qualified workers' compensation attorney of your choice.
Q. I work for a public school district. I got my foot tangled in an electrical cord and fell on concrete breaking my hip.
A: Sorry for the late response. I have been on vacation the past weekend in Mexico, but I'm back in the office now. If you can document dual employment, then the school district (self-insured) would be liable to pay you a portion of your wages from both places of employment in most cases. Feel free to contact directly at 214-358-6060.
Q. I tore my ACL ,meniscus etc in my leg so I am receiving workers comp but now aggravated a previous back injury WTD?
A: You would definitely need to go to a BRC hearing before the division to sort this out. This is essentially an "follow on injury". These are very hard to prove up at a hearing. You should consult a workers' compensation attorney directly to discuss the matter.
Q. I live in Amarillo Texas and on WC. Do they have to pay me for wages lost due to drs appointments and physical therapy?
A: You should be entitled to partial temporary income benefits, if you are not earning your average weekly wage. If you have doctor's appointments that are over 30 miles one-way and there are no other closer doctors, then you would be entitled to mileage too. My advice would be to get a workers' comp attorney to help you get these matters sorted out.
Q. The insurance adjuster I have said they are not workers comp the have there own insurance. I have been trying to get the
A: You need an attorney who handles personal injury/ non-subscriber claims. If the employer was at fault for your accident, you can sue them. You might be able to get additional treatment by contacting an attorney's office that will help you find a doctor and get a second opinion.
Q. Are schedule injury benifits suspended from when i was arrested and incarcerated or when i was convicted ?
A: When you start missing time from work, so it would normally be from the date of incarceration.
Q. I work for Walmart was injured on the job the insurance company is giving run around do I need an attorney
A: Unfortunately, in the great state of Texas. Unlike any other state in the United States, the legislator has determined that workers' comp insurance is optional. Walmart doesn't carry workers' compensation insurance. Essentially, this allows them to deny, dispute, and otherwise not pay claims without the fear of any meaningful legal recourse. If your injury is not due to the negligence of Walmart or a third party, then no lawyer will help you because they cannot get paid for their services in most cases. I like to refer to self insurance as FAKE WORKERS' COMPENSATION! Until this state wakes up and starts voting democratic, this form of insurance will be the status quo.
Click here to see all answers
Social Media
Contact & Map
TX Board Certified Work Comp Attorney
8204 Elmbrook, Suite # 161
Dallas, TX 75247
Telephone: (214) 358-6060