Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&A
- Business Law
- Business Contracts, Business Dissolution, Business Finance, Business Formation, Business Litigation, Franchising, Mergers & Acquisitions, Partnership & Shareholder Disputes
Additional Practice Areas
- Free Consultation
- Credit Cards Accepted
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
- State Bar of Georgia
- The Bowen Law Group
- - Current
- Belmont University College of Law
- Honors: Summa Cum Laude
- State Bar of Georgia  # 114091
- Legal Summit, Savannah, GA
- Chapter 13 Creditor's Rights for Consumer Bankruptcy
Websites & Blogs
- The Bowen Law Group Official Website
2 Questions Answered
- Q. My landlord emailed me my lease on 10/15/20 but there is not dates on the lease. it states it’s a 12 month lease. valid?
- A: Generally speaking, if both parties signed it and there is other evidence available of when it was signed and returned (emails, metadata, etc.) it is likely valid for 12 months from the date of signing. Alternatively, if there is a date block on the signature line, that date may be used. Lease and contract issues however are very fact-specific and it is recommended that you have this lease reviewed by a licensed attorney.
- Q. I write and produce songs. One of the songs contains dialogue from a movie, but I speak. Is that a copyright violation ?
- A: Generally speaking, any time copyrighted material is incorporated into a new work you will need permission from the original author. This may be obtained by getting a license to create a derivative work. Copyright issues are complex and each matter is different. It is recommended that you consult a lawyer to help with your specific situation.
Contact & Map