Free Consultation: (808) 800-6500Tap to Call This Lawyer
Robin R. Gregory

Robin R. Gregory

Kailua Oahu, Family Law, Estate Planning, Probate Attorney Robin R Gregory LLLC
  • Probate, Family Law, Divorce...
  • Hawaii
Rate This Lawyer
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media
Practice Areas
  • Probate
  • Family Law
  • Divorce
  • Estate Planning
  • Domestic Violence
  • Traffic Tickets
Additional Practice Areas
  • Custody & Paternity
  • Guardianships
  • Powers of Attorney & Medical Directives
  • TRO (Temporary Restraining Order)
  • Misdemeanors
  • Free Consultation
    I will discuss your case with you over the phone to discover whether my legal services will likely meet your legal needs.
  • Credit Cards Accepted
    I accept credit cards through a secure service, LawPay, that provides the confidentiality attorneys need for their clients.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
South Dakota
Professional Experience
Attorney Robin R Gregory, LLLC
- Current
I provide legal services to clients in the areas of Estate Planning including Wills, Trusts, Powers of Attorney; Family Law including divorce, custody, paternity, guardianships; traffic citations, including DUI, etc; Other - please give me a call and let's discover if I can help you with your legal needs.
Attorney at Large, Professional LLC
I served clients in numerous family law situations including divorce, custody, child support, protection orders (TRO), as well as in Estate Planning, Wills, Trusts, Powers of Attorney, medical directives, and special needs trusts. I also have appeared in traffic court and represented people in DUIs. I personally take care of the entire client-centered legal experience I provide, from initial consultation, research, drafting and filing of pleadings, discovery, negotiations, court appearances, litigation, through the final agreement, or findings of fact, conclusions of law, and order. I negotiate agreements and settlements where possible. I suggest a professional mediator before resorting to trial, especially where children are involved. Please give me a call and let's discover if I can meet your needs in the legal arena.
University of Montana School of Law
J.D. (2010) | Law
Activities: Student Animal Legal Defense Fund; Phi Delta Phi; Environmental Law Group;
Professional Associations
Probate and Estate Planning Section of HSBA
Member in good standing
- Current
Activities: Attend seminars, CLEs (continuing legal education) and meetings to stay updated on the latest laws and trends in the Probate and Estate planning field
Federal District Court - Hawaii
- Current
Hawai'i State Bar Association # 10346
Member in good standing
- Current
State Bar of South Dakota
Member in good standing
- Current
American Bar Association
Member in good standing
- Current
US District Court - District of Hawai'i
United States of America
Websites & Blogs
Legal Answers
7 Questions Answered

Q. If the custodial parent doesn’t go in office to be served papers, what happens to case?
A: I need more information to answer your question. I can only assume you are the father and you filed a case with CSEA? Has paternity already been established? Are you on the birth certificate? Was there a prior order for child support? I suggest you talk with an attorney who can ask you questions to fill-out the whole story and see the issues. Once paternity is established, it is unlikely it will be un-established, except through DNA testing. Here is a scenario that may or may not pertain to your situation: Paternity is established and father is ordered to pay child support. Father asks for a hearing on the matter (or objects, etc.) Mother does not cooperate (does not show-up at the hearing, etc.) One thing that could happen is Father would get the child support reduced because Mother is not there to support her claims. But that would depend on what happened prior and subsequent to the original order. No, child support does not go away. Good Luck to you.
Q. if the other parent isn’t complying with court ordered visitation visits what can I do
A: I need more information to understand the answer you seek. I suggest you retain an attorney, give the whole story, and discuss your options. For example: If the other parent is not returning the child on time, you can file a motion to enforce a court order. If the other parent is not visiting the child as much as allowed by the court, there is nothing you can do, as you cannot force a parent to visit the child. Further, the other parent's lack of participation in visitation does not give you the right to withhold the next visitation. If you want to modify the visitation you must file a motion with the court and the current visitation order stays in place unless and until modified by the court. Good luck to you.
Q. My son's biological father has not see him in 2.5yrs & no $ in 8months, can I get his parental rights terminated?
A: This is a complex issue and no "one way" to go about accomplishing your goal. Also, I would need to get more information before determining what is the "best" way to proceed. I suggest you retain an attorney and discuss your options. I have seen biological fathers who have no interest in the child, give-up parental rights when faced with paying child support. But that is just one route you could take - possibly under the Uniform Desertion and Non-Support Act (HRS 575-2) It looks like you may already have a court order for child support? You could try to enforce the support order through CSEA. Another option is to file a Petition for involuntary termination of parental rights under HRS 571-61(b) [note A is not applicable to your case] (b) Involuntary termination. (1) The family courts may terminate the parental rights in respect to any child as to any legal parent: (A) Who has deserted the child without affording means of identification for a period of at least ninety days; (B) Who has voluntarily surrendered the care and custody of the child to another for a period of at least two years; (C) Who, when the child is in the custody of another, has failed to communicate with the child when able to do so for a period of at least one year; (D) Who, when the child is in the custody of another, has failed to provide for care and support of the child when able to do so for a period of at least one year; COST: Depends on the expertise of the attorney you choose; the complexity of the case once the attorney is involved; the number of months or years involved; many other factors HOW LONG: no way to predict it could be months and it could be years. Don't expect anything to be easy or quick. GOOD LUCK TO YOU.
Q. Will a case be open if I don't give u.a.???? Does CPS really overlook THC?????
A: I suggest you get an attorney and don't do anything until you speak confidentially, with your attorney. It is illegal to smoke or otherwise ingest marijuana in the State of Hawai'i, unless you have a prescription and it is illegal in the United States. I don't know why CPS would "over look" illegal drug use in an investigation. Normally, if CPS suspects you of illegal drug use, they will open a case. Once you give a UA, you cannot take it back. Get an attorney.
Q. I'm 17, my fiancee is 21, my mom just signed over all rights to my dad, can I get married with just his signature?
A: If your father is the only parent with parental rights over you, then it would make sense your father's would be the only signature needed for consent for a minor to marry. Or, you can wait until you are 18 and you don't need any parent's signature. Good luck to you.
Q. Is it valid for parents to donate their only property ie house and lot to only 1 child excluding other children?
A: If the real property is in another country, the real property is probably governed by the laws of that country. Owners of property can generally give or sell real property to anyone they want. If it is a case of a child using "undue influence" to "force" parents to give property, that is another matter. Still, the laws of the country where the property is situated, likely govern.
A: It depends what you are trying to do, what type of attorney you need. From your post, I guess you are trying to not pay the $23K child support. You ask if you are divorced. You can call the Family Courthouse and ask the clerk to look up a possible divorce under your name and your spouse's name. I will guess there is an order of the court, ordering you to pay child support and you are in arrears (have not payed, also called "back child support"). The best time to modify a child support order is when you have a change in your circumstances, such as when you start receiving SSI instead of income from employment. I will also guess you did not modify the child support. My procedural suggestion to you is to contact Child Support Enforcement Agency (CSEA) and ask for the order for child support, naming you as the "obligor" (person who must pay). Get all your other documentation together, such as SSI determination and proof you were disabled. Once you have all your documentation, an attorney will be more able to determine your situation and if there is a legal option for you to modify the amount you owe. Good luck to you.
Click here to see all answers
Social Media
Contact & Map
Attorney Robin R Gregory, LLLC
74 Kihapai Street
Kailua, HI 96734
Telephone: (808) 800-6500
Cell: (808) 800-6500
Kailua Family Law Attorney
74 Kihapai Street
Kailua, HI 96734
Telephone: (808) 800-6500
Cell: (808) 800-6500
Fax: (866) 473-6905