Claimed Lawyer Profile
- Appeals & Appellate
- Immigration Law
- Landlord Tenant
- Real Estate Law
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
- Portuguese: Spoken
- Associate Attorney
- Shumway Van & Hansen
- - Current
- Litigation Attorney practicing in areas ranging from Real estate, Landlord tenant, debt collections and appeals.
- Law Clerk
- Utah Second District Court
- Assisted nine judges for the courts in both Bountiful and Ogden, Utah. Drafted Court rulings, orders, memorandum decisions, and jury instructions. Assisted the judges of the Second District in both civil and criminal law.
- Law Clerk
- Winder and Counsel, P.C.
- Researched a multitude of legal issues related to recent legislation, home owner associations, personal injury, commercial litigation and defense.
- Law Clerk
- Utah Attorney General's Office, Environment Division
- Prepared rulings and orders, advised Utah Department of Environmental Quality administrative law judge Connie Nakahara on civil procedure and environmental law and regulations. Researched environmental law and regulations on both the state and federal level.
- Utah Federal District Court
- Intern for Honorable J. Thomas Greene. Drafted bench memoranda on contract, intellectual property, and criminal law.
- Legislative Intern
- Utah House of Representatives
- Intern for House Majority Whip Gordon Snow. Served as Liaison for Representative Snow and constituents. Collected and interpreted thousand of constituent surveys.
- The University of Utah S.J. Quinney College of Law
- J.D. / Law
- Honors: Order of the Coif (top 10% of class), and as a Leary Scholar (top 20% of class). Graduated with High Honors.
- Activities: Quinney research fellow to Professor Nancy McLaughlin, and a teaching assistant in the legal writing program for Professor Bill Richards. Served as a staff member, and later the Executive Text Editor of the Utah Environmental Law Review.
- University of Utah
- B.A. / Polictical Science and Speech Communiation
- Honors: Dean's List multiple semesters. Graduated magna cum laude.
- Activities: Legislative Intern through the Hinckly Institute of Politics.
- Salt Lake Aquarium Society
- Salt Lake Chamber of Commerce
- Member, Clean Air Committee Task Force
Articles & Publications
- Weathering the Storm: Finding Safe Harbors in ESA Controversy
- Journal of Land Resources and Environmental Law
Websites & Blogs
Contact & Map