Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ALII GoldBlawgsearch
- Criminal Law
- DUI & DWI
- Family Law
- Juvenile Law
- Personal Injury
- Cannabis & Marijuana Law
Additional Practice Area
- Car Accidents
- Free Consultation
- Credit Cards Accepted
We accept MasterCard, Visa, Discover, and American Express.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
- US District Court, Northern District of Texas
- Texas Tech University - Texas Tech University
- University of Texas - Arlington
- B.S | Economics
- Honors: Cum Laude
- Texas State Bar # 24038930
- Kaufman County Bar
- Dallas County Criminal Defense Lawyers Association
- Texas Criminal Defense Lawyers Association
- National Organization for the Reform of Marijuana Laws
- Law Enforcement Against Prohibition
Websites & Blogs
- Robert Guest's Website Profile
- Robert Guest Website
- Robert Guest's (Guest and Gray Law Firm) Website Profile
- Guest and Gray Law Firm Website
- Dallas Criminal Defense Lawyer Blog
- What is a Restitution Hearing?
12 September 2018
- Submitting Law and Order SVU Episodes as Evidence?
16 May 2018
- Reasonable suspicion…
16 May 2018
- Can a judge question witnesses at trial?
27 April 2018
- Insults and Habitual Offenders
11 January 2018
- Can I get my weapon back?!
2 January 2018
- Self-Defense, when is it reasonable?
16 November 2017
- Expunctions, they can be reversed.
31 October 2017
- What is reasonable suspicion for a traffic stop in Texas?
30 October 2017
- Dallas Divorce Lawyer Blog
- Is Being Named a Joint Managing Conservator the Same Thing as Having Joint Custody?
27 August 2018
- 6 Considerations to Keep in Mind when Trying to Figure Out How Long Your Divorce is Going to Take
16 May 2018
- Who Gets the House in a Divorce?
19 April 2018
- Do I Need to Update my Will After my Divorce?
15 March 2018
- Can I Make a Marital Property Agreement in Texas?
20 February 2018
- Texas Family Code Section 153.015: Using Electronic Communication to Supplement Possession with your Child
5 February 2018
- 5 Ways to Avoid Super Bowl Sunday Negatively Impacting your Family Law Matter
2 February 2018
- Can you Modify a Judgment that is Currently Being Appealed in a Family Law Case?
8 January 2018
- 5 Financial Considerations to Keep in Mind When Planning for Divorce
2 January 2018
- Accident on 80
- Guest and Gray: Local. Client Driven. Results Oriented
7 December 2018
- Kaufman County’s Trusted 18-Wheeler Accident Attorneys
6 December 2018
- Injured In An Accident and It Wasn’t Your Fault?
5 December 2018
- Traveling Thanksgiving Day? Practice These Safety Tips
20 November 2018
- Should I Even Bother Filing Suit? One Lawyer’s Take on a Commonly Asked Question
31 October 2018
- Wet Weather Accidents
17 October 2018
- Kaufman County Rocked by 18-Wheeler Accidents in September
8 October 2018
- Client Relationships Matter
28 September 2018
- Mabank Man Killed in Crash With 18-Wheeler on Highway 175
17 September 2018
12 Questions Answered
- Q. How long do i have to file A GRIEVIENCE
- A: Try this- https://www.texasbar.com/AM/Template.cfm?Section=File_a_Grievance&Template=/CM/HTMLDisplay.cfm&ContentID=29656
- Q. How do I handle a void indictment
- A: I'm not sure what he was trying to get from the district clerk. But an indictment is a record of the grand jury proceeding in that is shows the result of the proceeding. What do you need to do? I'm not sure what the goal is. What is the trying to find out?
- Q. My boyfriend is back in jail for Misd A Fam/Violence. I dropped charges last year so this is the only charge. Probation?
- A: Is probation an option? Probably but that depends on many factors such as the facts of the case, boyfriend's criminal history, which court/county you are in etc. He needs a lawyer to help him. You need to find options for women in an abusive relationship. If money is a reason you are staying with this guy, then maybe there are resources available that could help you leave until he gets help. Would you want your 20-year-old daughter with a guy who gets drunk and assaults her? Of course not. So don't model that for her.
- Q. in Texas if you quash indictment for errors can they if there were fatal errors in the enhancement clause
- A: Quashing an indictment is a complicated issue. Without seeing the indictment it's impossible to tell you if it can be quashed. You need to take the indictment to a lawyer so that person can review it and offer some real legal advice.
- Q. TX quashing felony indictment. Errors. Of facts in the enhancement clause of indictment ,reindictment/or matter quashed
- A: You need to hire a lawyer. Don't try to file your own writ or Motion to Quash. If you care about the outcome have an experienced professional help.
- Q. If you know Police have tampered with evidence do you submit an Affidavit to the ADA or do you hire an Attorney to file?
- A: You should hire a lawyer. Getting a prosecutor (ADA) to believe the police changed your statement is going to be very difficult. If you are the Defendant in this case, or a suspect, then you should not talk to a prosecutor. If you are just a witness, and in no way involved in this situation beyond being a witness, then it's less risky to inquire about your own statement. However, if you aren't 100% sure you are not a suspect then don't take any chances and hire a lawyer.
- Q. what is the legal term for someone who had never been in trouble their whole life (60 years) except for a 2 month period
- A: There isn't one. What happened in the two months?
- Q. I'm dealing with corruption with a d.a. and judge refuse to file white collar crimes against a friend. What can I do?
- A: You can't make a DA file a case. So there isn't much you can do. They have discretion to pursue, or not pursue a case.
- Q. How can I appeal a capital murder charge?
- A: You hire the best appeals lawyer you can afford, immediately. Appeals have strict deadlines and you need to make sure you hire someone with experience in post-conviction litigation. If you know someone convicted of capital murder they may be appointed a lawyer on the appeal already. See if you can speak with that lawyer to understand the process of what is happening on the case.
Contact & Map