Mr. Weaver has a focus on real estate law and complex business litigation. Businesses and families rely on him. Other Texas attorneys choose Mr. Weaver as their lawyer. He also built a real estate law firm where builders, developers, buyers, and sellers of real estate go when there are encroachment issues, boundary disputes and matters pertaining to easements and their use.
Title companies like Fidelity National Title and Stewart Title have relied on him and continue to engage him to prepare documents for closing including documents to clear title. He represents clients in alleged deed restriction violation matters and cases involving Property Owner's Associations. He enjoys assisting clients in redeeming real property after tax and HOA foreclosures.
Not only has Mr. Weaver been successful in representing people and businesses in real estate related cases, Mr. Weaver has experience in matters associated with the misappropriation, misuse and improper utilization of intellectual property / copyrighted property. Weaver has also represented large corporations in products litigation and injured plaintiffs in the prosecution of over 40 pharmaceutical products liability cases. As part of his litigation practice, he has represented both defendants and plaintiffs in wrongful death cases.
His involvement in the legal field began when he served as an aide to the Bexar County District Attorney's Office in San Antonio. He worked in the family violence unit designed to protect battered women and children. Mr. Weaver was born in San Antonio, Texas and obtained his Bachelor of Arts degree in English/Professional Writing from Baylor University. He then attended South Texas College of Law and received his Juris Doctorate.
Richard Weaver has consecutively been recognized by Super Lawyers and named a "Texas Rising Star" by Texas Monthly, a distinction that is afforded to no more than 2.5 percent of the lawyers in the state of Texas.
- Real Estate Law
- Business Law
- Construction Law
- Personal Injury
- Foreclosure Defense
- Insurance Claims
- Free Consultation
- The Weaver Law Firm
- Baylor University
- South Texas College Of Law
- Doctor of Jurisprudence/Juris Doctor (J.D.)
- Top Lawyers
- Houstonia Magazine
- 2016 - 2014
- Rising Star
- Super Lawyers
- Texas State Bar # 24047083
- - Current
- Car accident preparation in Texas can reduce risk of legal issues
- US Politics Today
- Investor Planning after HOA foreclosure, The Seminar Solution
- Houston Legal Blog
- Deconstructing wrap-around loans: How do they work?
28 November 2018
- Can I reclaim my home after foreclosure?
28 August 2018
- Resolving boundary disputes with neighbors
4 June 2018
- Protecting your home purchase from legal complications
5 March 2018
- What is seller financing and how does it work?
4 December 2017
- Lawsuits filed over Addicks and Barker dam water releases
7 September 2017
- A lien is the first step toward a condominium foreclosure
1 September 2017
- Pitfalls in equity financing and loan transactions for real estate investment.
12 July 2017
- Oil & Gas title searches and examinations
12 July 2017