Rachel Lynn SmickHoover Kacyon, LLC
- Personal Injury, Divorce, Appeals & Appellate ...
Attorney Rachel Lynn Smick is a family law litigator, as well as an experienced trial lawyer in matters of personal injury, probate law, and real estate matters.
Rachel first joined the prior named firm of Joseph A. Kacyon & Associates in 2015. Now, at Hoover Kacyon, LLC, Rachel focuses extensively on Domestic Relations matters. In this role, Rachel counsels clients through high asset divorce cases, complex domestic custody and visitation matters, out-of-state and foreign custody disputes, and has successfully both brought and defended contempt actions. Rachel has handled high asset divorce cases, high conflict custody and visitation matters, and post-decree matters from the inception to completion at trial. Rachel has also successfully minimized court involvement for her clients through negotiating advantageous settlements.
Rachel heads up the firm’s real estate practice group as well, due to her experience in landlord tenant matters and other real estate and property disputes. Rachel is very experienced in both bringing and defending eviction lawsuits, as well as advising clients how to avoid eviction issues by effectively managing properties and their businesses, so that they have more profit and less expenses for legal matters. Additionally, Rachel has brought and defended many civil matters arising from real estate disputes, contract disputes, and personal injury claims from inception to settlement, or completion at trial.
Rachel is also an integral part of Hoover Kacyon, LLC’s probate practice. Rachel has advised and counseled clients in estate planning, guardianship matters, probate estates, and adoption. Rachel has additionally brought and defended many complex custody issues intertwined between the domestic relations court and probate court.
- Personal Injury
- Animal & Dog Bites, Brain Injury, Car Accidents, Construction Accidents, Motorcycle Accidents, Premises Liability, Truck Accidents, Wrongful Death
- Collaborative Law, Contested Divorce, Military Divorce, Property Division, Same Sex Divorce, Spousal Support & Alimony, Uncontested Divorce
- Appeals & Appellate
- Civil Appeals, Federal Appeals
- Arbitration & Mediation
- Business Arbitration, Consumer Arbitration, Family Arbitration
- Estate Planning
- Guardianship & Conservatorship Estate Administration, Health Care Directives, Trusts, Wills
- Family Law
- Adoption, Child Custody, Child Support, Father's Rights, Guardianship & Conservatorship, Paternity, Prenups & Marital Agreements, Restraining Orders, Same Sex Family Law
- Foreclosure Defense
- Landlord Tenant
- Evictions, Housing Discrimination, Landlord Rights, Rent Control, Tenants' Rights
- Probate Administration, Probate Litigation, Will Contests
- Real Estate Law
- Commercial Real Estate, Condominiums, Easements, Eminent Domain, Homeowners Association, Land Use & Zoning, Mortgages, Neighbor Disputes, Residential Real Estate, Water Law
- Hoover Kacyon, LLC
- University of Akron School of Law
- J.D. (2015) | Law
- Honors: Cum Laude
- California State University - Dominguez Hills
- B.A. (2011) | English Literature
- Honors: Summa Cum Laude
- Top 40 Under 40
- American Academy of Attorneys
- Rising Star
- American Institute of Legal Advocates
- 2018, 2019
- Akron Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Ohio State Bar Association
There are no recently viewed profiles.
There are no saved profiles.
There are no profiles to compare.