I am an attorney in Jackson, MS that focuses on consumer defense such as bankruptcy and mortgage litigation. I graduated from MS State University for my bachelors and MS College School of Law for my Juris Doctorate. I am married to Chalon Headley and yes, I am the daughter of attorney Frank Coxwell, who I have the privilege of working with here at Coxwell Attorneys, PLLC.
Throughout college I was able to work with my dad at the office in between semesters, etc. and I loved it. I loved the way that he would help people save their homes, their property, and get out from under the debt issues that were crippling them. I would talk to our clients and hear the horror stories of how their mortgage companies seemed determined to take their home. Clients that due to serious illness, got behind but now that they were back on their feet, creditors wouldn't budge an inch to work with them. To the creditor, garnishment or repossession were the only options to someone who could not catch up their payments immediately. Following in my dad's footsteps has been a no-brainer. I love the law and I love helping people. Every day I get help someone get back up on their feet that had thought their situation was hopeless.
Bankruptcy is not something that most people understand. Quite the opposite. When you say bankruptcy, people think "someone who lost everything". No. Bankruptcy is someone who grabbed the "financial" bull by the horns and saved their property, their income, and held their family together through a difficult period. Bankruptcy doesn't devastate you - it protects you from devastation.
I could go on for days so bottom line, if you are struggling, call me! It costs nothing for you to speak to me about your specific issues and I guarantee, you'll learn that the law does provide options for your situation. Don't believe me? Read just a few of the testimonials we've gathered from clients.
- Consumer Law
- Foreclosure Defense
- Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
There is no cost or obligation required in order to speak with us. I will be happy to speak with you about your situation and explain the options available so that you can decide what’s best for you.
- Coxwell Attorneys, PLLC
- Mississippi College School of Law
- Mississippi State University
- Mississippi State Bar
- Rachel Coxwell's Attorney Profile
- Coxwell Attorneys, PLLC Website
- Mississippi Consumer Help Blog
- How much of my check can be garnished?
29 August 2018
- 10 Things you should not do before filing bankruptcy
8 May 2018
- Should you file a Chapter 7 or a Chapter 13?
7 May 2018
- Why you should breakup with your Bank before filing bankruptcy
5 May 2018
- 4 ways to keep student loans from taking your tax refund
12 April 2018
- How to protect your IRS Tax Refund from Student Loan default
11 April 2018
- Can you buy a new or used vehicle while you are in a chapter 13 bankruptcy?
16 December 2017
- What do you do if you are in a chapter 13 bankruptcy and your vehicle is not worth keeping?
15 December 2017
- What do you do if you are in a Ch13 and involved in a car accident?
14 December 2017