Phillip W. Gillet, Jr. was born and raised in Kern County. He graduated from Delano High School. He completed his undergraduate education at California State University, Bakersfield (CSUB), where he earned a Bachelor of Arts in Economics, and a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, Accounting. After graduating from CSUB, Mr. Gillet went to California Western School of Law in San Diego and earned a Juris Doctor degree. While working on his law degree, he also completed a Master of Science in Accountancy, Taxation at San Diego State University, whose programs are ranked among the best in the nation by U.S. News and Success Magazine.
During law school, Mr. Gillet taught accounting at San Diego State University and served as a legal intern at the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission office in San Diego. Mr. Gillet has taught both accounting and business law at the college level for over 3 years at San Diego Community College, San Diego State University, and California State University, Bakersfield. Mr. Gillet has extensive experience as a small business owner. He helped his father manage his ready-mix company in Delano from the time he was 13. He also started his own mail-order and wholesale trading card company, MVP Sports Cards & Collectibles, that eventually grew into a world-wide mail order and wholesale powerhouse along with a three-store retail chain company headquartered in Bakersfield, California. He had served as Chief Financial Officer and General Counsel to Gillet Trucking. Mr. Gillet currently operates his own law practice emphasizing business, bankruptcy, real estate, probate and tax law.
- Consumer Law
- Real Estate Law
- Tax Law
- Free Consultation
Free initial bankruptcy consultation.
- Credit Cards Accepted
Mastercard, Visa, American Express, Discover
- Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
Simple chapter 7 bankruptcy $1,200 plus costs. Simple chapter 13 retainer $1,500 plus costs.
- Phillip Gillet, Jr.
- - Current
- Solo practitioner emphasizing Bankruptcy, Tax, Real Estate and Traffic Law.
- California Western School of Law
- Law Degree
- California State University - San Diego State University
- M.S. | Accoutancy, Taxation
- Honors: 3.61 GPA
- California State University - Bakersfield
- B.S. | Economics and Business Administration, Accounting
- Honors: Double major
- Activities: The Runner (student newspaper)
- California State Bar # 214914
- - Current
- The Tax Practitioner-Client Privilege (IRC § 7525): A Shield to Cloak Confidential Communications or A Dagger for Both the Practitioner & Client
- University of Missouri - Kansas City Law Review
- Privacy Issues May Add to the Debate Over State Taxation of e-commerce
- Journal of Multistate Taxation
- Reprinting Vintage Trading Cards: It's Better Than Counterfeiting Currency (And It's Legal!),
- Entertainment and Sports Lawyer
- American Board of Certification
- Board certified - Consumer Bankruptcy