Mr. McArdle has lived in Charlotte since 1979. He attended Saint Gabriel Catholic School and Charlotte Catholic High School. Mr. McArdle continued his education at the University of North Carolina. At Chapel Hill, he played on the Junior Varsity Basketball Team and served on the UNC Supreme Court. He also received recognition for being an All-ACC Student Athlete. After graduating with a Bachelors Degree in Political Science, Mr. McArdle attended law school at Campbell University. Mr. McArdle returned to Charlotte in 1995 and has been representing clients in Charlotte and the surrounding Charlotte region since. In 2015 he became a partner at Arnold & Smith, PLLC where his primary focus continues to be on issues of family law. He has many years of experience in trying cases involving divorce, child custody, child support, domestic violence, alimony and equitable distribution. His philosophy for how to approach cases is to be straightforward and honest. If a client’s matter requires aggressive and extensive litigation, he is as comfortable in a courtroom as he is taking a collaborative approach to resolve a matter outside of the courthouse. He is the proud father of four children with his wife Sally. Outside of the office Mr. McArdle spends his time coaching a middle school AAU basketball team and attending his children’s sporting events.
- Family Law
- Domestic Violence
- Credit Cards Accepted
Accept Visa, MasterCard, and American Express
- North Carolina
- U.S. District Court, Western District of North Carolina
- English: Spoken, Written
- Arnold & Smith PLLC
- Campbell University
- University of North Carolina - Chapel Hill
- B.A. (1991)
- North Carolina State Bar
- Mecklenburg County Bar
- Mecklenburg County Family Law Section
- Holy Angels
- Former Board Member
- QCAA Basketball
- Board Member
- Saint Gabriel’s School
- Volunteer Basketball Coach
- Harris YMCA
- Volunteer Soccer Coach
- Southpark Pop Warner Football
- Volunteer Football Coach
- Pete McArdle's Website Profile
- Arnold & Smith PLLC Website
- Charlotte Divorce Lawyer Blog
- How are Student Loans Treated in Divorce?
29 May 2019
- False Allegations Made During Divorce: Here is What You Need to Know
22 May 2019
- What are ‘Red Flag Laws?’ Does North Carolina Need Them?
15 May 2019
- What Not to do at a Custody Hearing
8 May 2019
- The Role of Smartphones and Technology in Domestic Abuse
1 May 2019
- Do I Need My Spouse’s Consent for a Divorce?
24 April 2019
- Tips for Going to Family Court
17 April 2019
- What is Parental Kidnapping?
10 April 2019
- Domestic Violence vs. Civil Harassment: What is the Difference?
3 April 2019