Free Consultation: (281) 597-8818Tap to Call This Lawyer
Paul Looney

Paul Looney

Looney & Conrad, P.C.
  • Criminal Law, DUI & DWI, Personal Injury...
  • Texas
Rate This Lawyer
Lawyer Rating and Reviews
Legal Knowledge
Legal Analysis
Communication Skills
Ethics and Professionalism
Rating: 10 Justia Lawyer Rating - 10 out of 10
I have known this lawyer since I was in law school, and I have yet to meet a more effective trial lawyer.
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

We Have a History of Winning trials! We have a very high success rate when it comes to preventing criminal accusations from turning into formal charges as well as shutting down criminal investigations. We are able to do this because we move quickly, and never stop working. We are different from other criminal defense firms because of the stellar record of success of Paul Looney, trial attorney. Mr. Looney has tried 60 criminal defense jury trials since 1995 with ZERO convictions. With us on your side, you are not alone. You have effective support throughout the entire process ahead, no matter what charges you are facing. You deserve the best defense by utilizing a strong offense. Looney & Conrad, P.C. is a law firm with passionate and skillful criminal defense lawyers utilizing the most powerful resources available. We are dedicated to defending the rights of the accused and take pride in fighting for justice. Our skillful criminal attorneys have over 40 years of combined trial knowledge and experience to provide you with the best criminal defense. Anyone who has been through the justice system, whether for a federal felony or a county misdemeanor, will tell you there is nothing more important than having an experienced attorney by your side. Our top priority is being there for you when you need us. We are ready to help 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. If you or a loved one are accused of a crime and the police are investigating, time is of the essence. Every moment counts. Our criminal attorneys know the law that surrounds all misdemeanors and felonies, and we handle all types of criminal cases. We have extensive experience helping kids because we believe juvenile offenders should have a second chance. If your child has been accused of a juvenile crime, we will do everything possible to get his or her life back to normal (as well as yours). Call today for a FREE consultation (281) 597-8818 in Houston or (979) 826-8484 in Hempstead.

Practice Areas
  • Criminal Law
  • DUI & DWI
  • Personal Injury
  • White Collar Crime
  • Domestic Violence
  • Juvenile Law
  • Business Law
  • Divorce
  • Family Law
  • Probate
  • Landlord Tenant
  • Medical Malpractice
  • Free Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
  • English: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Criminal Defense Trial Attorney
Looney & Conrad, P.C.
- Current
Criminal Defense Trial Attorney
Lamson & Looney, P.C.
South Texas College Of Law
Doctor of Jurisprudence/Juris Doctor (J.D.)
West Texas State University
B.S. (1978) | Economics and Political Science
Texas Bar Foundation
Nation's TOP ONE Percent
The National Association of Distinguished Counsel
Houston's Top Lawyers
H Texas Magazine
Super Fellow
Texas Criminal Defense Lawyers Educational Institute
Dean's Honor List
South Texas College of Law
Law Fraternity International
Phi Alpha Delta
National Social Science Honor Society
Phi Gamma Mu
Economics Honor Society
Omicron Delta Upsilon
Freshman Honor Society
Phi Eta Sigma
Professional Associations
United States District Court, District of Colorado
Attorney and Counselor of Law
- Current
United States Tax Court
Attorney and Counselor of Law
- Current
United States Court of Federal Claims
Attorney and Counselor of Law
- Current
Northern District of Texas District Court
Attorney and Counselor of Law
- Current
United States District Court Eastern District of Michigan
Attorney and Counselor of Law
- Current
Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals
Attorney and Counselor of Law
- Current
National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
Attorney Member
- Current
Harris County Criminal Lawyers Association
Attorney Member
- Current
United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas
Attorney and Counselor of Law
- Current
Texas State Bar # 12555900
- Current
Supreme Court of Texas
Attorney and Counselor of Law
- Current
Phi Alpha Delta Law Fraternity International
Attorney Member
- Current
Texas Trial Lawyers Association
Attorney Member
- Current
Waller County Bar Association
Founding President
Texas Criminal Defense Lawyers, Education Institute
Board Member
Texas Criminal Defense Lawyers Association
Executive Committee Member
Texas Criminal Defense Lawyers Association
Board Member
Articles & Publications
Jury Persuasion in Criminal Cases: Utilizing "Solution Selling" Techniques
The Voice (Texas Criminal Defense Lawyers Association)
Proceeding Vaguely: Obstruction of a Pending Proceeding Under 18 U.S.C. 1505
The Champion magazine
Speaking Engagements
Jury Persuasion in Criminal Cases: Utilizing, Continuing Education, Stanford Law School
Top Contributor 2017
Websites & Blogs
Legal Answers
36 Questions Answered

Q. In texas what does this mean FILE MOTION PER JUDGE
A: The Court has simply asked the lawyers to file a motion concerning some issue. This can include anything from an issue involving the legality of a search or confession to directing the State to challenge a defendant's bond or a defendant's performance on probation. Check the file in a couple of weeks, and you will have the issue the judge wanted reduced to writing. Good luck to you.
Q. I'm 24 & my wife is 17 can she leave his mom house if we are legally married?
A: Go! Do what you want. Listening to and being controlled by mom or dad ended when you got married. For future reference: In this State if you are married, you are and ADULT under the law. Good luck to your and your bride.
Q. how do i find my cousins lawyer in harris county? he's fighting a case that was charged illegally.
A: Call the Court. Talk to the Court Coordinator. Ask for the name of your cousin's lawyer. Or, go down to the Clerk's office. The information is available through your own search, or the deupty clerk working the front desk. Good luck.
Q. If I'm 17 fixing to be 18 and my girlfriend is 16 is it illegal for us to have sex
A: Illegal? Yes and No. First, it is illegal for you to have sex with a person who is under 17 years of age. She is 16? You having sex with her is illegal. However, since she is within 3 years of your age, and assuming the sex is consensual, the sex may be deemed "not illegal".. However, that has to be determined after you have been arrested, jailed, committed to bail and gone to court on criminal charges. In such instance you could claim the Romeo & Juliet law as your defense. You may win on that issue, and then again, you may not! So you COULD beat the charges, but you might not! Long story short: the sex is illegal. If charges are filed you COULD beat the rap, but you CANNOT beat the ride! Give it a rest until she is 17. Even then, kids having sex is not such a good thing. The status of the law is really not always the best barometer on what conduct we should engage in and what conduct we should just leave alone. There are a lot more considerations for you to consider other than whether you can "get away with" having sex with someone you care enough about to ask questions. Good luck.
Q. My cousin has a baby with someone, if he wants to pick his baby up , can she call cops, n say its kidnapping? No order
A: You cannot just go around stealing babies from their mothers. If the presumed father wants custody, or visitation, rights with the child he will have to go to court, file for paternity, and then the Court can intervene with a custody and/or visitation order. When people disagree on a matter that involves the law the ONLY way to resolve the dispute is to go to court. So, the presumed father cannot just go by and "pick up" the child at his whim and whimsy. He has to go to court. Good luck.
Q. When I was 17 I was pressured into having sex with an older man (mid 30s). Could he get in trouble? State of Texas
A: Any sex to which you did not consent is illegal, and yes, the person responsible for having non-consensual sex is criminally culpable. So, yes, he could get into trouble. The age of consent in Texas is 17, not 18 as Mr. Warren has claimed. Sex with anyone UNDER the age of SEVENTEEN is illegal in Texas. So, there will be no problem with the sex based on your age, but based on your not consenting. Good luck.
Q. What are my options regarding the probation department breaching an agreement that was discussed to avoid MTR and court?
A: Your "agreement" with the PO is unenforceable with the Court. It is the Court, not the PO, who has ultimate authority to modify the terms and conditions of your probation. It is not a question "whether" the UA's "should be considered". They WILL be considered because they are proof that you violated your probation. Quit looking for technicalities and contract law to get you out of trouble. You need a lawyer. You need to be in rehab. Get those two things done so you have a voice before the Judge who placed you on probation. Make an effort to work on your addiction instead of looking to avoid responsibility for the consequences of your addiction through legal loopholes. THAT is what an addict does. Get help, legal and medical. Good luck to you.
Q. Can i sue a cable company if I never agreed to anything?
A: You think a cable company sent an employee to your home to commit a burglary at your home for the purpose of installing cable and charging you for it later? Simply put, yes you can sue. Anyone can sue anyone for conduct committed that cause damages. If you were damaged then contact a lawyer.
Q. can a general manager knowingly let a customer spread herpes and not do anything
A: Confront the V.I.P. and tell him you are aware of his criminal conduct. Given him an opportunity to clean up his act, and if he does not, contact the District Attorney to file charges. Make sure you tell the prosecutor who the lawyer is so he can be contacted when, or if, charges are going to be filed. Good luck.
Click here to see all answers
Social Media
Contact & Map
Houston Office
11767 Katy Freeway Suite #740
Houston, TX 77079
Telephone: (281) 597-8818
Cell: (713) 828-7494
Fax: (281) 597-8284
Hempstead Office
918 Austin Street
Hempstead, TX 77445
Telephone: (979) 826-8484
Cell: (713) 828-7494
Fax: (979) 082-6848 Ext. 8