Pahoua C Lor

Pahoua C Lor

Law Office of Pahoua C. Lor
  • Employment Law, Landlord Tenant, Personal Injury ...
  • California
Review This Lawyer
Lawyer Rating and Reviews
Legal Knowledge
Legal Analysis
Communication Skills
Ethics and Professionalism
Rating: 10 Lawyer Rating - 10 out of 10
Very good caring Attorney with good reputation in the larval community
Client Reviews
Eliana L. June 12, 2023
Very professional Very nice very professional. She helped me win my case from my old landlord. She is very punctual and her staff are very helpful and very professional.
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial MediaResponsive LawSupports the Free Law Project

Pahoua was born in Iowa, but was raised in Fresno, California. She graduated from the University of California, Davis with a Bachelor of Arts in Sociology. She earned her Juris Doctorate from San Joaquin College of Law. Pahoua's law practice focuses on Employment Law, Housing Law, Personal Injury, Civil Litigation and Criminal Law.

Prior to attending law school, Pahoua worked for attorneys in the Sacramento and Fresno areas. During law school, Pahoua interned with Central California Legal Services advocating for domestic violence victims. In 2007, she was the recipient of the Champions of Justice award.

Pahoua is a member of the State of California Bar and is admitted to practice in the United States District Courts for the Eastern and Northern Districts. Pahoua also serves as a Board of Director for Tenants Together and Central California Legal Services. She is also an active member of the Central California Asian Pacific American Bar Association.

Practice Areas
Employment Law
Employee Benefits, Employment Contracts, Employment Discrimination, ERISA, Overtime & Unpaid Wages, Sexual Harassment, Whistleblower, Wrongful Termination
Landlord Tenant
Evictions, Housing Discrimination, Landlord Rights, Rent Control, Tenants' Rights
Personal Injury
Animal & Dog Bites, Brain Injury, Car Accidents, Construction Accidents, Motorcycle Accidents, Premises Liability, Truck Accidents, Wrongful Death
Criminal Law
Criminal Appeals, Drug Crimes, Expungement, Fraud, Gun Crimes, Internet Crimes, Sex Crimes, Theft, Violent Crimes
Additional Practice Area
  • Civil Litigation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
  • Contingent Fees
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
State Bar of California
ID Number: 267168
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • Hmong
Professional Experience
Law office of Pahoua C. Lor
- Current
Central California Legal Services
Law office of Pahoua C. Lor
San Joaquin College of Law
Placeholder image for education.
Champions of Justice Award
Central California Legal Services, Inc.
Professional Associations
Tenants Together
Board Member
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Central California Legal Services, Inc.
Board Member
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Central California Asian Pacific American Bar Association
Placeholder image for professional associations.
California State Bar  # 267168
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Legal Answers
7 Questions Answered
Q. Can my Mom sue the city of San Francisco for injury caused by a haphazardly placed sign post by the city?
A: More information is needed. When did this happen? This is important to determine the statute of limitations. Assuming your mother wants to sue the City, County or some other government entity, she will need to file a tort claim with the responsible government agency in a timely manner.
Q. does my dad have any rights he's been living in a place over 20 years he's always replaced everything because landlord
A: If a tenant has lived at a place for more than a year, the landlord must provide them with a 60 day notice. The landlord, owner, is able to recover possession for his property so long as the landlord does not violate laws. The basic idea is that a person can get back what rightfully belongs to them. For example, if he is evicting because your father complained too much about repairs, that may be considered retaliatory. If the landlord decided that he no longer wanted to rent to your father because of his race, sexual orientation or something similar, the notice may be considered discriminatory.
Q. we have been without a/c and stove since June. prop mngmt notified, still an issue. do i have a case?
A: Make sure that your requests for repairs is in writing. You may also consider filing a complaint with the City Code Enforcement Unit. Once a complaint has been filed with Code Enforcement, a code enforcement officer should be in touch with you to take your complaint. From that point and depending on each City, Code Enforcement will get in touch with the Owner and discuss solutions or possibly fine the Owner.

You may also have a justifiable reason to repair and deduct or withhold rent. However, you need to actually speak with an attorney and get more individualized advice before doing so.
View More Answers
Social Media
Contact & Map
Law Office of Pahoua C. Lor
1255 W. Shaw Avenue #101
Fresno, CA 93711
Telephone: (559) 840-2780
Fax: (559) 728-4307
Toggle tool

There are no recently viewed profiles.

There are no saved profiles.

There are no profiles to compare.