Free Consultation: (954) 764-7878Tap to Call This Lawyer
Natalie F. Guerra-Valdes

Natalie F. Guerra-Valdes

Valdes Law Firm P.A.
  • Appeals & Appellate, Business Law, Consumer Law...
  • Florida
Rate This Lawyer
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ALII GoldSocial Media
Practice Areas
  • Appeals & Appellate
  • Business Law
  • Consumer Law
  • Family Law
  • Foreclosure Defense
  • Insurance Claims
  • Landlord Tenant
  • Real Estate Law
  • Securities Law
  • Free Consultation
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
11th Circuit
U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
U.S. District Court, Northern District of Florida
U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
  • English: Spoken, Written
  • Spanish: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
University of Florida Levin College of Law
Honors: cum laude
University of Miami
Honors: cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa
Super Lawyers Rising Star
Super Lawyers
Super Lawyers Rising Star
Super Lawyers
Professional Associations
Cuban American Bar Association
Florida Bar Young Lawyers Division
The Florida Bar
Activities: Business Law section and Trial Lawyers section
Florida Bar Consumer Protection Law Committee
Websites & Blogs
Natalie F. Guerra-Valdes' Website Profile
Valdes Law Firm P.A. Website
Valdes Law Firm, P.A. Blog
Legal Answers
38 Questions Answered

Q. I am renting a condo in a HOA. I am behind 2 months on rent. No 3 day notice from my landlord. Can the HOA lock me out?
A: No, the HOA cannot exercise self help and lock you out.
Q. If you are separated but not divorced, can you file for child support in the state of florida?
A: Yes.
Q. If im not able to work and trying to get on disability do i still have to pay child support?
A: Yes, you still have to pay child support. If you cannot make the required payments, you should file a Supplemental Petition for Modification of Child Support ASAP. You will need to show a substantial change in circumstances warranting a downward modification of child support.
Q. I have a court order that my sons dad is to pay 50% of expenses. He has failed to do that can I file child support papers?
A: You will need to file a Motion for Contempt and set it for hearing.
Q. My 16 year old daughter would prefer to live with me not her mom, what can I do?
A: If your current agreement or judgment provides that your daughter is to live with her mom, and her mom won't agree to have your daughter live with you, you will need to file a Petition for Modification and show a substantial change in circumstances.
Q. My ex husband is behind in child support and is taking me to court for modification. Who pays for my lawyer?
A: You will most likely have to pay for a lawyer, at least up front. If fees can be recovered from your ex, it's usually later on down the road.
Q. My ex boyfriend got an attorney when I got a restraining order on him, we have a 5 yr old together. Should I get one too?
A: I agree with my colleagues. If he has an attorney, you should retain one too.
Q. If I pay child support can the mother leave the state with child?
A: More facts are needed to answer this question. Were you married to the mother of the child? Are there any court orders regarding custody and visitation? You should consult with an attorney regarding the particulars of your case. Many attorneys on here, including myself, offer free initial consultations. Natalie Guerra-Valdes (954)764-7878
Q. Who is responsible for the mortgage loan after HOA sells house?
A: That is incorrect. You are still responsible for making your mortgage payments, even if the house was sold to another party. If you stop making your mortgage payments, the bank may file a foreclosure action and seek damages against you. You should consult with an attorney regarding your case.
Click here to see all answers
Social Media
Contact & Map
Valdes Law Firm P.A.
633 SE 3rd Ave
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301
Telephone: (954) 764-7878
Fax: (954) 764-7272