Free Consultation: (787) 607-9588Tap to Call This Lawyer
Naomi Jusino

Naomi Jusino

Bufete Jusino & Asociados
  • Family Law, Divorce, Domestic Violence...
  • Puerto Rico
Rate This Lawyer
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media
Practice Areas
  • Family Law
  • Divorce
  • Domestic Violence
  • Foreclosure Defense
  • Juvenile Law
  • Personal Injury
  • Medical Malpractice
  • Insurance Claims
  • Employment Law
  • Collections
  • Business Law
  • DUI & DWI
  • Appeals & Appellate
  • Real Estate Law
Additional Practice Areas
  • Civil Practice
  • Custody and Alimony
  • Notary public
  • Free Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Puerto Rico
  • English: Spoken, Written
  • Spanish: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Solo Practitioner
Bufete Jusino & Asociados
- Current
Pontificia Universidad Católica de Puerto Rico
J.D. (2012) | Juris Doctor
Honors: Magna Cum Laude
Universidad del Sagrado Corazón
B.A. (2008) | Journalism
Honors: Magna Cum Laude
Professional Associations
La Rama Judicial de Puerto Rico # 19135
Corporación de Servicios Legales de Puerto Rico # 19135
Practica Privada Compensada
- Current
Activities: Offering legal services to indigent people.
Articles & Publications
Capitulaciones: ¿Separación de bienes?
Periodico La Perla del Sur
Emancipación: salto a la mayoría de edad
Periodico La Perla del Sur
Attorney at Law
Tribunal Supremo de Puerto Rico
Notary Public
Tribunal Supremo de Puerto Rico
Legal Answers
50 Questions Answered

Q. My mom is in the process of closing my deceased father's bank account in Puerto Rico. I have two sisters that
A: Dear Reader: You can sign a power of attorney, but to be valid in Puerto Rico, you will need to send the document in original with a certification of the County Clerk. Once they have the document in Puerto Rico, the will need to attend to a Notary Public so that they can validate it and can be used.
Q. on October 23 at 2.00am I was struck by a Toyota outlander on the drivers side.he he ran a read light is he libal
A: Dear Reader, Yes, he is liable. You have one year after the accident to file your complaint in Puerto Rico.
Q. What are the rights of the father when your child was born out of marriage? Who would have the custody ?In Puerto Rico .
A: Dear reader: In Puerto Rico a child born outside a marriage has the same rights as one born during marriage. The legal custody is established by the court.
Q. Where does child support goes to the state or the mom in puerto rico if I start paying childsupport & I'm behind 4000
A: Hi, All the money for alimony is deposited in a child support (ASUME) account in Puerto Rico and it goes directly to the mother or father with custody of the child.
Q. For a will, Must the parent include all the children in the will
A: Dear Reader, The answer in first hand is yes. A reason to exclude children is that the Testator disinherit a child in the will. If not, the Will can be contested.
Q. What is the procedure when widowed dad passes away and owned a home in P.R. He also had POA's for me & my two siblings
A: Dear Reader, In Puerto Rico, once a person passes away, the heirs has to inform if the person had a Will. If not, they will need to start the process of Declaration of Heirs so they can take any decision with the estate left.
Q. In Puerto Rico, a person can divorce on grounds of abandonment or separation. Whats the difference?
A: Yes they can. The diferrence is that in separation cases you have to prove that the separation has being for tow years or more. When the demand for divorce is based on the grounds of cruel treatment or abandonment, and there are minor children, the court cites the parties to a special hearing called "conciliation." Its purpose is to see if the parties can overcome their differences for the benefit of the children under age. If the parties are not reconciled, the procedures for divorce continue.
Q. My husband's son lives in Puerto Rico and they do not have a custody arrangement. How can he file for custody?
A: Dear reader: To file a custody or visitations case, you will have to file in the court of the area where the child lives.
Q. Does the Puerto Rico court take an affidavit aggrement made by both parents in consideration ?
A: Dear Reader: Yes, is can be considered in a custody case as a previus agreement. But if for some reason things change, the court can establish new conditions and reevaluate the custody case or visitations plan.
Click here to see all answers
Social Media
Contact & Map
Blvd. Luis A Ferré 2734
Ponce, PR 00717-0300
Telephone: (787) 607-9588