Certified by the State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization in Family Law, Ms. Bickford practices exclusively in the area of family law helping clients with divorce and separation in San Diego. Ms. Bickford is a graduate of California Western School of Law where she received honorable recognition for outstanding achievement in the areas of community property, taxation and civil procedure, as well as a West Publishing Award in recognition of her overall outstanding scholastic accomplishment. Ms. Bickford received her Bachelor of Science from Miami University, with a dual major in Systems Analysis and Mathematics.
San Diego divorce attorney Nancy J. Bickford earned her Master's in Business Administration from Golden Gate University in San Francisco, and went on to pass the test to be certified by the state of California as a Certified Public Accountant. She worked for Arthur Andersen & Co. in San Francisco where she gained expertise in auditing various types of businesses and financial institutions. Ms. Bickford left Arthur Andersen & Co. to work as the controller for a privately run firm operating hotels and real estate investments.
Following her involvement in the hotel and real estate investment business, Ms. Bickford returned to school to study law. After receiving her Juris Doctorate degree, she was admitted to practice law in the United States District Court Southern District of California and in all courts in the state of California. Ms. Bickford was immediately attracted to providing divorce help in San Diego, where she has found the perfect cross-over that allows her to pursue her passion for the law while also utilizing her financial and business background. Ms. Bickford is the only attorney in San Diego County representing clients in divorce, who is a Certified Family Law Specialist and who also is actively licensed as a CPA.
Ms. Bickford has volunteered her time to the San Diego Volunteer Lawyers Program and has been recognized each year for her contributions to the program, whether for volunteering as an attorney, or for contributing to their education programs. For the last seven years, she has frequently sat as a court-appointed temporary judge for the Superior Court, County of San Diego Family Law Division. She has similarly been recognized by the Superior Court of the State of California County of San Diego for distinguished and dedicated services as a judge pro tem of the Superior Court
- Arbitration & Mediation
- Family Law
- United States District Court Southern District of California
- English: Spoken, Written
- Nancy J. Bickford, APC
- Golden Gate University
- MBA / Accounting
- Miami University
- B.S. / Double major in Systems Analysis and Mathematics
- California Western School of Law
- Teacher-Mentor Award
- Certified Family Law Specialists
- In honor of Michael C. Shea
- Distinguished Service Award
- Volunteer Lawyers Program
- California State Bar # 185779
- San Diego Family Law Bar Association
- Founding Member
- Activities: Former Board Member, and Treasurer
- San Diego Family Law College of Trial Advocacy
- Founding Member
- San Diego County Bar Association
- Association of Certified Family Law Specialists
- American Inns of Court
- Fiduciary Duties
- San Diego County Bar Association, Carmel Valley Section
- Ethics, Winter Seminar
- Income for Support, Fall Seminar
- Evidence, Fall Seminar
- Support Calculator Software, Winter Seminar
- Recent Cases and Statutes, Summer Seminar
- Family Law in California
- National Business Institute
- September 2003
- Certified Family Law Specialist
- State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization
- Certified Public Accountant
- California State Board of Accountancy
- Nancy June Bickford's Website Profile
- Nancy J. Bickford, APC Website
- San Diego Divorce Attorneys Blog
- What is a Parenting Coordinator?
22 March 2017
- Whoops: The right way to bring an error to the attention of your judge.
18 March 2017
- “What Is In A Name”…A Lot Come To Think Of It.
15 March 2017
- Arguments Over Divorce Jurisdiction
5 March 2017
- Is the other parent not paying child support? Try a Notice of Delinquency
3 March 2017
- New Study Finds Overnights with Fathers Best for Children
1 March 2017
- Can spouses that have not yet separated limit their spousal support rights?
21 February 2017
- Spousal Support Termination Under Family Code 4322
19 February 2017
- What is a trust account and why is it needed?
16 February 2017