Free Consultation: (484) 886-4271Tap to Call This Lawyer
Mr. Ryan L Hyde

Mr. Ryan L Hyde

The Law Offices of Ryan L. Hyde
  • Criminal Law, DUI & DWI, Domestic Violence...
  • Pennsylvania
Rate This Lawyer
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ALII GoldSocial Media

Ryan Hyde is an experienced criminal defense attorney and former prosecutor. In addition to handling hundreds of DUI cases through all stages of trial Ryan served as a DUI ARD Coordinator and as one of lead attorneys on Economic Crimes, Arson Crimes and Special Investigations Unit. Ryan has investigated and prosecuted dozens of complex economic crime cases, including securities fraud, political corruption and arson. As the deputy district attorney, Ryan gained insight into methods used against those charged with a criminal offense. Now, as a criminal defense attorney, he continues to capitalize on this knowledge to counsel his clients through the legal process. Ryan is available to help you with your legal needs. Contact him at (484) 886 - 4271 if you need representation.

Practice Areas
  • Criminal Law
  • DUI & DWI
  • Domestic Violence
  • White Collar Crime
  • Family Law
  • Free Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Professional Experience
Trial Attorney
Criminal Defense Attorney
- Current
Zealously defend clients who have been charged with a crime in Chester, Montgomery, Delaware and Bucks County.
Deputy District Attorney
Bucks County District Attorney's Office
Federal Comercial Litigation
Villanova University School of Law
J.D. | law
Honors: Jessup International Oral Advocacy Competition
University of Arizona
University of Arizona
B.S. | Accounting & Finance
Professional Associations
American Bar Association
Chester County Bar Association
Pennsylvania Bar Association
National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
Montgomery County Bar Association
- Current
Pennsylvania Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Current
Websites & Blogs
The Law Offices of Ryan L. Hyde
Legal Answers
256 Questions Answered

Q. I live in PA with child 2m. If my husband files divorce, does that start child custody process?
A: The custody process starts when one or the other party files a petition for custody. There is no automatic process. Many counties (and most attorneys) file the two petitions together. You should consult with a family attorney to make sure you are protecting yourself. Its much less expensive to have some help you before you get taken advantage of than trying to fix things afterwards.
Q. Why is my husband on his second “call Of the trial” list . When should his case be closed ? He got trouble I’m july
A: The answer to this really depends on the county and the judge. Several cou ties in which I operate have trial list "calls." It does not mean that your caae will go but the judge wants to status the cases regularly to keep things moving. It is important he understand what is going in and the best way to do this is communicate with his attorney. If its a trial he should be helping his attorney with any info he needs to prep the case.
Q. Can I appeal a decision by a custody consiliator in pa
A: Yes, you can appeal it to a Common Pleas judge and have the case heard. Ms. Hilbush emphasizes a key point. There are time limits on these filings and they are often 30 days or less. If you don't have an attorney you may want to review your case with an experienced family attorney before taking the appeal. Importantly, don't miss the deadline or you are time barred and a whole raft of new problems appears.
Q. I have 50/50 custody of my child. Upon picking up my kid my ex bf assaulted my new bf. Can i takr him for full custody?
A: I am not sure what you mean by "take him for full custody". Can you make application to modify the custody order based on those facts, sure. Would you be successful? That is a tougher question. As I am sure you are aware there are 16 factors a court must consider in a case like this. If the majority of the 16 factors side with you its certainly a possibility. Most judges don't like full custody orders and will at least order some sort of visitation. The physical violence between the parties at the exchange certainly merits judicial consideration. You should consult with a local experienced family law attorney who can look at all the factors and help guide you on the path that will get you the best result.
Q. They can't find my co-defended who can help in my defense can they make me go to trial without her she was the one
A: They can. Depends on what they have you charged with on how successful they will be at trial. They can always sever the two trials and try you separately. They usually prefer not to do this. You should be working with your attorney to make sure that you are protecting your rights and you are appropriately asserting your defenses.
Q. My ex roommate is being charged with 3921 theft by unlawful taking movable property, and 780-113 Into Possession of
A: There is not enough information to guesstimate what the sentencing will be in a case like this. The grading for both should be low level misdemeanors. In Pennsylvania misdemeanors generally result in some sort of supervision and can result in jail depending on other factors not presented in your question. The grading in the theft will be determined by the value of the medication.
Q. My son's dad recently filed for support from me. Custody schedule is by mutual agreement.
A: Support is at its simplest level a two factor test that applies income/earning potential and shared custody into a computation that is decided by charts. Where litigation is sometimes indicated is where income is disputed. Based on your simple description of the facts (there are a lot more facts such as housing expenses and insurance that get taken into account) it would appear unlikely that you would owe him support payments. In any case like this it makes sense to sit down with an experienced family attorney. They can go through a more thorough intake and give you a rough estimate of what the support obligations of the parties will be. Most attorneys have reasonable consultation fees and some even offer a free consultation.
Q. Child w/ first DUI. Breathalyzer over the limit. Trooper said she didn't have to take blood test, she declined.
A: Nothing is automatic but a refusal does carry a 1 year license suspension. The DUI may also carry a license suspension if she gets convicted, and that would be run consecutive. She should contact a local DUI attorney to discuss the potential appellate outcomes in her particular case. There are always options, but most of them require a good lawyer to bring to fruition.
Q. Why would there be $20,000 monetary bail set for the following charges????
A: Its a third offense DUI, while he was still suspended. The judge may just believe that you are friend represents a danger to the community
Click here to see all answers
Social Media
Contact & Map
The Law Offices of Ryan L. Hyde
600 Eagleview Boulevard, Suite 300
Exton , PA 19341
Telephone: (484) 886-4271